Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

good find Mongoose !

Thanks! I am starting to get a pretty good impression of the various elements of the building, minto, construction, the board, etc. I've also gotten to the point where I know based on unit number how big a suite someone owns, which will probably lead to terrible snobbery down the road but is amusing for now.

One side note for the floor plans: That Golden Gate floorplan is a alternate plan for units on the bottom 3 floors of the tower (note the non-balcony). The regular Golden Gate floorplan is noticeably different, if I recall correctly.

Thanks! I am starting to get a pretty good impression of the various elements of the building, minto, construction, the board, etc. I've also gotten to the point where I know based on unit number how big a suite someone owns, which will probably lead to terrible snobbery down the road but is amusing for now.

Thanks Mongoose ... and you definitely have a sweet suite.
I think it was you who showed us some pics from their PDI ...
let's see an updated look once you're moved in and furnished ! :D

Thanks Mongoose ... and you definitely have a sweet suite.
I think it was you who showed us some pics from their PDI ...
let's see an updated look once you're moved in and furnished ! :D

Thanks! I will send pictures if/when I ever furnish the place properly. Right now it's just got all my old furniture and I don't have nearly enough to fill it. Anyone know good interior designers?

So I saw the lighting feature in action yesterday!

Imagine ROCP but nicer. On each of the 4 corners on the crown their are vertical strips of LEDS (quite a few). It doesn't cover the entire crown, just the corners.

It's quite prominent. Only the taller building had them though.
I was only around for 15min, but it was BLUE the entire duration i.e. don't think the colour changes.

Sorry, no pictures :(

They strike me as pretty crappy actually. The blue is not a particularly flattering colour, and the lines of LEDs don't look perfectly straight. It just looks really really cheap to me.

They strike me as pretty crappy actually. The blue is not a particularly flattering colour, and the lines of LEDs don't look perfectly straight. It just looks really really cheap to me.

hmm, they seemed straight to me.

It's distinctive from other projects in the sense that it comes off as the tacky stuff you see in some skylines verse what we've seen in Toronto as of late. What really makes it is the fact you can see the separate LED strips.

Anyway, I agree the blue wasn't the most flattering though. Hopefully someone can snap a pick eventually.

I have seen it a few times and I love the blue colour and the effect the LED lights have on highlighting the roof feature of the building. It may be the best use of roof-top decorative lights in the city (not that there is much competition).

I have seen it a few times and I love the blue colour and the effect the LED lights have on highlighting the roof feature of the building. It may be the best use of roof-top decorative lights in the city (not that there is much competition).

That's kinda what I was thinking ...

To each his own though.

It might have been nicer if it changed colours.

I caught a glimpse of the LEDs while driving north on the DVP last night. The first thought that popped in my head was "hey, Yonge and Eglinton is that way"

FEB9-09004.jpg

FEB9-09003.jpg

FEB9-09006.jpg

Last edited:

Back