Toronto Max Condos | 113.99m | 36s | Tribute | Graziani + Corazza

^Ok, thanks. G&C is not a great sign for this, but at least they're not tossing up identical glass boxes like some of the others.

Front page story here highlighting this proposal and the nearby ones which are all looking to capitalize on Ryerson's chronic housing hortage.

I like it. I like the way the balconies move from one side of the building to the other. We all knew it was inevitable that the parking lots in this area get built up, it's so close to the core.

Thanks for remembering that thread Stupid. We'll have to wait for a little more information to find out if this is the 77 project, or if this is another project to the south of it.

ROTFL @ “Thanks for remembering that thread Stupid”
I know his alias is Stupidandshallow, but it’s still pretty funny.
I guess that's what you get for using these types of aliases.

Not a bad design, but wonder what kind of retail will be there on the podium. Hopefully not banks and nail salons? RBC/BMO please don't go there.

Not a bad design, but wonder what kind of retail will be there on the podium. Hopefully not banks and nail salons? RBC/BMO please don't go there.
This area is not oversaturated with banks like other areas of development, so some banks would be welcome here.

This area is not oversaturated with banks like other areas of development, so some banks would be welcome here.

You are kidding. Do you mean we need a bank branch within 5 minutes walk to everyone?
It is Mutual and Dundas, within a comfortable walk to RBC (Aura, Dundas/Bay), BMO (Aura), CIBC (Dundas east of Bay), all about 700-800 meters. Not to mention all the ATMs nearby. I don't think it is too much to ask to walk for less than 10 minutes to a bank in any country.

Personally I'm hoping for a laundromat, pharmacy and Subway restaurant.

Condos don't need a laundrymat.
Pharmacy? There is one at Dundas/Mutual right beside it, plus Shoppers, and others within walking distance.
And there are at least three subway restaurant within 3 minutes walk.

ps: realized you were being sarcastic. The same boring stuff all around downtown really makes one sick. (too many Tim Hortons, Subways (wish it were subway stations!), banks and shoppers).

Last edited:
Not positive, but I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

I wouldn't mind a bank as a tenant though to be honest. One of the issues w/the old Regent Park was that it was so far to get to a bank which just added to the neighbourhood's sense of isolation. I know this will be a different clientele, but ONE bank at one of the condos being developed at this intersection wouldn't hurt.

Now what they REALLY need is a dry cleaner to draw in pedestrians

^ a bank is fine, just put it on the second floor, or better, underground. Ground floor should be reserved for retail which closes after 10pm, preferably even later.

Honestly, I don't buy this only banks provide stable rent and other stores are risky kind of argument. Take a look at the Ramen place (Santouka) at Church/Dundas, it is always packed, often with long lines. If you put the same kind of subway restaurant which offers nothing interesting, of course it is risky as there are a million similar stores nearby.

Back