Toronto Maverick | 154.53m | 49s | Empire | Arcadis

Slick bit of promotion there. Pretentious twaddle but I expect enough people will fall for it. At least it had high production values. If they shell out for materials like they shelled out for that clip, the building might at least stand a decent chance of looking good.

I do not mean to lend any approval to the rest of the video by singling out just one bit of it… but why include "film festivals… over beer festivals"? It's the only bit where they go negative, and it's ludicrous to suggest that film festival attendees are wine or cocktail-sipping snobs who would never quaff a beer. Now it is true we'd never let a Coors Light pass over our oral threshold, but we might garrotte one another for an Eephus.

75434d.JPG

Heard sales weren't doing too hot here, but looks like they've managed to pull it off. From what I remember this was one of the more expensive projects to launch in the entertainment district.

Going to be crazy to have Nobu, 24 Mercer (hopefully!), 357 King St, Theatre District, PJ Condos, and Central Condos all going up simultaneously right around here!

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 9.49.22 AM.png

Back