Toronto Maverick | 154.53m | 49s | Empire | Arcadis

1C4A5525-408A-4ED4-B375-A9609FD42B5F.jpeg

I actually think they should have gone entirely with the silver facade! I like the horizontal mullion extensions

Personally not a fan of the darker sections - the metal panels seem kind of flimsy and the turquoise glass is giving memories of fort York

This building could've been a B grade if they kept it simple with the darker cladding motif throughout. But instead it's looking more like a C to C-minus. Less would've been more in this case.

Ha! I posted something similar a few posts above. Feel the exact same way.

Yikes. Considering the great work IBI has being doing elsewhere recently, this looks cheap and incoherent. Probably in good company with Nobu right next to it.

Yikes. Considering the great work IBI has being doing elsewhere recently, this looks cheap and incoherent. Probably in good company with Nobu right next to it.
While being far from my favourite here, this building is miles above Nobu in quality and consistency. And it's fairly close to its renderings so far, which can't be claimed of the same.

Last edited:
I actually think they should have gone entirely with the silver facade! I like the horizontal mullion extensions

Personally not a fan of the darker sections - the metal panels seem kind of flimsy and the turquoise glass is giving memories of fort York
I was actually thinking the exact same thing, the dark sections make this project look completely uninspiring.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing, the dark sections make this project look completely uninspiring.

I always find it interesting how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. How one thing looks good to one person, but bad to another. I guess why it's so hard to appease the masses all the time...lol.

Back