Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

I've lived in this general area for well over 25 years but I've never noticed any problems in College Park. I still go to Metro and there are these DVD holders over at Dollarama that have been out of stock for about 2 or 3 months so I walk to the opposite end of the mall every time I'm in there to see if they have them & I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.
I do know where the sketchy blocks or areas are though, that said I can't say there's anywhere downtown that I wouldn't go to by day or night. There aren't many larger American cities you can say that about.

There have been more than a few murders in Yorkville, but it hasn't stoped condos.

Murders? Yes.
Gang/Turf Wars? No.

The Eaton Centre/Dundas Sq. is a sketchy area to live. Why do so many of you find that fact so outrageous?

Murders? Yes.
Gang/Turf Wars? No.

The Eaton Centre/Dundas Sq. is a sketchy area to live. Why do so many of you find that fact so outrageous?

It isn't outrageous to perceive it as such, but it is another thing altogether to call it an objective fact. I have lived and/or worked in the area for nearly 25 years and I would have absolutely no problem living there, but the prices are ridiculous.

Murders? Yes.
Gang/Turf Wars? No.

Turf wars are only problematic when they lead to murders no? Actually turf wars are somewhat better because there are fewer innnocent parties involved. The Yorkville murders were entirely random.

Anyway, if you came up with a homicide ratio for the area (homicides / visitors) it might actually be the safest place in the country!

Not exactly sketchy, just chaotic and dumpy.
You have a ton of people, all kinds of characters (tourists, kids, mall rats, transients, families who shop, you name it) congregating in one of the largest malls in the country and Toronto's version of Times Square.
With hoardes of people there will be bound to be some unfavorable activity happening, but that's the case with any high traffic area of any big city.

The history of shootings and crime in this area are not a concern as it is relatively isolated and like buildup said very safe considering the numbers of visitors to the area. My issue with this area is that it is too commercialized, chaotic and not the cleanest or prettiest place in the city. There's always seem to be some kind of demonstration or rally happening at Dundas Square.

New renderings form the sales centre opening

masseytowerscalemodel-2.jpg

masseytowerscalemodel.jpg

Oh god, they suburbanized (trademark pending) the hell out of the presentation centre. Plenty of taupe and faux Victorian wall paper. Was so hoping they would restore all the wood finishes instead of painting over them. So disappoint.

At least the floor looks good
masseytowerpreviewevent-1024x682.jpg

Oh god, they suburbanized (trademark pending) the hell out of the presentation centre. Plenty of taupe and faux Victorian wall paper. Was so hoping they would restore all the wood finishes instead of painting over them. So disappoint.

The wallpaper and such may be a temporary treatment for the purposes of throwing together the sales centre. I'd imagine that when it's time to actually renovate the building for the purposes of becoming the entrance to the condo, they will restore the original finishes.

Back