Toronto Massey Hall Revitalization at the Allied Music Centre | 48.46m | 7s | KPMB

Looking forward to seeing the building 'unveiled' but suspect that will not be until spring 2020.

And the addition to the back is nowhere near ready, and the hall will need it open in order to function for fire safety reasons (passerelles as fire escapes).

@Contra:

I don't doubt it will be nice - it just that it is fairly intrusive. I would have preferred to see some separation from the fabric of the original hall.

AoD

Progress, yesterday:

TEYCC is being asked to approve the lane blockage on Victoria until December 2020. Victioria will be a bit of a mess this summer as the City/TTC will be relaying the streetcar tracks and (if we are lucky!) St Mikes may finally finish their new building and no longer block the east sidewalk at Queen.

Summary
This staff report is about a matter that Community Council has delegated authority to make a final decision provided that it is not amended so that it varies with City policy or by-laws.

EllisDon Corporation Inc. is redeveloping the existing heritage building - Massey Hall - at 15 Shuter Street. The redevelopment consists of interior and exterior renovations to the existing building, as well as construction of a nine-storey commercial building adjoining the rear part of the building.

The southbound curb lane on the west side of Victoria Street, between Shuter Street and a point 55.5 metres south is currently closed to accommodate construction staging operations for the development. Toronto and East York Community Council, at its meeting on February 14, 2019, authorized the subject construction staging area from March 5, 2019 to March 5, 2020.

Transportation Services is requesting authorization to extend the duration of the construction staging area on Victoria Street for an additional 10 months - i.e. from March 6, 2020 to December 31, 2020, in order to complete the construction of the development.​

That Diamonds for Less is really marring the whole red stone vibe going on on this block...

Back