Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

should Queen's Park really be getting any improvements at all? they refuse to fund our transit system, and give all our money to expanding the highway system and promoting sprawl. If i were the TTC, Id run the trains straight through from St. Patrick to St. George, and let the Ontario Government workers complain to their bosses.

They refuse to fund? 8+ billion dollars in light rail provided for the city without costing the municipality a cent is "refusing to fund"?

Queen's Park is providing a lot of funding for transit. They should also contribute some money to overhauling the actual park and University Avenue with the city of Toronto. The landscaping at Queen's Park mostly feels cheap and unremarkable, which is completely inappropriate for the prominent landmark and public space. The generic asphalt and concrete paving around the legislative building, its courtyard turned into a surface parking lot, the lack of leadership on the view corridor issue--it's so provincial. We need to get past that with Queen's Park.

16 June 2012

20120616180849.jpg

I'm a little baffled as to why people are ranting and raving about the glass at Ice but this is being completely ignored. Not to say it's above all else, but it's pretty impressive. I'll try to find some time to grab a pic when I'm at work tomorrow. :(

That glass on the south west side of MaRS is stunning. Was passing by yesterday and i was blown away by how reflective it is!

2 July 2012: If these cranes are from MARS than I can only imagine where G+C's "architects" come from--Pluto?

ROCP generally looks like crap, but either you were zoomed in from really far or you used a potato to take the photo

Last edited:
They used the same glass on the eastern facade as well - however little of it that's showing up from street level right now.

AoD

Back