Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

And actually, completely contradicting myself, quite a few condo sales centres have been handsomely designed, though their lifespan is quite limited. (Though they are also built privately with a commercial intent). I'm confident that condo developers probably don't put much money into them, just design.

And actually, completely contradicting myself, quite a few condo sales centres have been handsomely designed, though their lifespan is quite limited. (Though they are also built privately with a commercial intent). I'm confident that condo developers probably don't put much money into them, just design.

i've heard those presentation centres cost $500K and upwards, but there is alot of money tied up in finishes and curb appeal.

maybe MikeinTO has more incite.

Some sales centres cost well over $1 million and depending on staffing requirements can cost in the $100,000 range per month to operate (back in the 80s a lot of sales were just done from a trailer to compare)... so in the fall & winter when many of those sites were registering 0 or maybe 1 sale they were costing a fortune.

M5V in interesting as the sales centre was LEED certified and it made of of modules that can be dismantled and reassembled either on another site or for another use.

Let's be sensible here, the City needs a TEMPORARY building to house the folks in the North Market who will be 'homeless' when it gets torn down (next spring?) and rebuilt. They are proposing to erect a temporary building which can be reused elsewhere when the need for it is over - at which time the Park will be built. Seems like a wise use of City funds to me!

Perhaps I'm being too sensible knowing it's ment as TEMPORARY for a farmers market no less. These tents are also the easiest to erect/take down, transport, and store so I'm not sure what your point is.

I agree that spending any money on the temporary structure beyond what it takes to make it safe and functional is pointless. Whatever it ends up being, it won't be much worse than the parking lot that is currently there, and for that matter, not much worse than the existing North Market!

I say expend all available money and effort on the real North Market and the final extension of Crombie Park that will replace the temporary building.

from today's Daily Commercial News....looks like Market Wharf will be starting soon......

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BLDG, RETAIL Proj: 9084757-6

Etobicoke, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE trade prices requested

Market Wharf, 1 Market St, the Esplanade, Lower Jarvis St, M5E 0A2
$90,000,000 est

Start: November, 2009 Complete: February, 2011

Note: INTEREST FROM SUB TRADES is requested by the Const Mgr. Pricing is being accepted from the following trades; Concrete forming; Mechanical; Electrical; Windows; and Masonry. No closing date or time has been specified. Interest should be directed by email only to lhack@bluescape.ca or psena@bluescape.ca. Sub trades will be awarded sequentially as needed. Const Mgr is seeking Building permits. Construction start is expected November/December, 2009. Further update late November, 2009.

Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a 27-storey condominium apartment building with 425 units. The tower will be built above an eight-storey podium which will house retail space.

Scope: 250,000 square feet; 35 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 425 units; 4 acres
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

Shadow Impacts

At 35 storeys, my only concern would be potential shadow impacts on the south market building. However, the grade is substantially lower. Any thoughts?

regardless at 32 or 35 storeys ... the South Market building will be shadowed by Market Wharf

from today's Daily Commercial News....looks like Market Wharf will be starting soon......

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BLDG, RETAIL Proj: 9084757-6

Etobicoke, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE trade prices requested

Market Wharf, 1 Market St, the Esplanade, Lower Jarvis St, M5E 0A2
$90,000,000 est

Since when did The Esplanade get annexed to Etobicoke :p

LOL ... I love DCN ~

from today's Daily Commercial News ...
[
Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a 27-storey condominium apartment building with 425 units. The tower will be built above an eight-storey podium which will house retail space.

Scope: 250,000 square feet; 35 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 425 units; 4 acres

the math doesn't add up ...
is it a 27s condo or 33s or 32s as stated in the thread header?

maybe it's 32s with a mechanical floor = 33s ???

I don't think there's been an item from the Daily Commercial News in the past few weeks that didn't have at least one factual error. Is it even worth it to post this junk?

Back