News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.1K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     1 

marbleLIVE Water Park Proposal | ?m | ?s

The only way that this makes even an iota of sense is if they're tacking the park onto an existing development, so that the park is actually a $60 million upgrade on something we were already getting. So maybe for an extra $60 Oxford Place decides to add on an indoor waterpark. But then Oxford would do it themselves and wouldn't need some unproven liability to enter the mix.

My first reaction was also "$60 million is not going to buy much"

I doubt they are buying any property, but most likely leasing for a $1 as a tradeoff for tourist dollars

pw20;8372045) said:
There's an air of looking for government handouts, freeland - "in talks with government" - no thank you.

Why? BMO got it, Ricoh got it, Ripleys got it..etc

"Greater Toronto Area" usually makes some distant corner of the region a safe bet over downtown.

"Greater Toronto Area" usually makes some distant corner of the region a safe bet over downtown.

I can see Mississauga offering up some space in Lakeview for this, using it to kick off redevelopment of that neighbourhood. The only issue would be weak transit connections. The amount of surface parking required would probably not meet the design guidelines crafted for the area either. It would be sweet if they partnered with Playdium to build on the land where the GO Cart track/mini put is.

“The challenge we face as people who live in this area (GTA) is that there really isn’t a lot to do,” said Bishop.

I hate how out-of-touch some people are when proposing stuff for Toronto. Admittedly, Frank Gehry was no better.

When I heard $60M it did sound cheap. Just that retractable roof will cost a bundle. Then they say they want it to be accessible - do they mean by car or transit, If its transit, it has to be Toronto downtown, If by car woodbine i suppose or up by Wonderland. There is I hate even to type it out a "subway" going up near there somewhere. But at $60M, just the land down downtown eats up a good junk of it.

The only way that this makes even an iota of sense is if they're tacking the park onto an existing development, so that the park is actually a $60 million upgrade on something we were already getting. So maybe for an extra $60 Oxford Place decides to add on an indoor waterpark. But then Oxford would do it themselves and wouldn't need some unproven liability to enter the mix.

There is always that land west of the new hotel at the EX, also those city plots south of the Dome might work

Last edited:
We could use a few more year round attractions and since Ontario Place wants to transform into a year round attraction, maybe it might be a good choice. We will need some large indoor buildings if Ontario Place is going to operate during winter, so this could be the start of making that happen. I would like it to be much bigger and more elaborate, with a major hotel attached. (no second rate shit for Toronto, please!) They should build a whole new, big island for this and turn it into Toronto's tropical winter playground. If you're gonna dream, dream BIG.

Last edited:

Back