Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Wow. You can really appreciate the podium from up close...

I wonder what they will sell at Real Sports (besides obvious things) because if I were MLSE, I might worry about competition from nearby CentreSports in the A.C.C.
Has anybody else wondered that? Probably not...

so Lanterra is going to leave the balcony undersides exposed unfinished just like that ?? that's sloppy ~
I doubt it. It appears they did paint the balconies on the north tower from that last photo, no?
Unless plans have changed the public art component should be covering the bridge.
Oh? I'm not sure I know what the public art component is... Any details?

Wow. You can really appreciate the podium from up close...

I wonder what they will sell at Real Sports (besides obvious things) because if I were MLSE, I might worry about competition from nearby CentreSports in the A.C.C.
Has anybody else wondered that? Probably not...

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure that RealSports is/will be a MLSE outfit so there would be little competition and furthermore the CentreSports inside the ACC will be closed. But again don't quote me on that.

Unless it's changed the public art was supposed to be LED lighting installed all around the podium. I know on the south side the prints showed big light masts facing the Gardiner

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure that RealSports is/will be a MLSE outfit so there would be little competition and furthermore the CentreSports inside the ACC will be closed. But again don't quote me on that.

That's what I've heard also. The current Centre Sports is terribly undersized.

From my understading the new RealSports Apparel store will be in the 10,000 sqft range.

Yessir. Link to the floor layouts of the project. From what I can tell, the fine dining restaurant will be at the top left corner of the development (North West) covering both floors. The Bar and Apparll Stores will be at the top right or maybe bottom right. The Longos will be at the bottom left.

As you can see the retail areas will be pretty huge.

Unless things have changed the restaurant was supposed to go in the top right corner of the 2nd floor (NE corner of podium), the bar had the two floors on the bottom right (SE corner), and the apparel store was immediately west of the restaurant, tho I honestly can't remember if it was first or second floor (I think first, but I could be mistaken). The Longos was at the NW corner (and basement).

Those plans are either old or inaccurate or they've made changes to the building. There should be a set of publicly accessible doors shown at the western end of the second floor galleria, unless they deleted the doors after they were installed

As posted above by user "whatever" all that info is right except that longos is only occupying the concourse level aka the first basement level. And for previous posts that is the way the balconies are staying (poured concrete) and no balconies in either tower were painted. and a few pages back the pics posted from kijiji all show 2 of the smallest suites with not a thing pretty much upgraded. If there are any other questions about the building I'll try to answer them as I know this building very well.

Are the light masts on the south elevation of the podium between 3 and 8 (I think those were the floors) still being done, or were they deleted?

And what exactly was the purpose of that black glass notch on the south elevation of the podium? Is there something going inside that notch, or was it just a random detail?

Back