Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

I know and that only further adds to my point that there will be a fair bit of options for sports bars in the area. You don't want to saturate the area (see Entertainment district troubles) so I say wait it out until the Leafs start up and see what kind of demand there is.

I was actually agreeing with you! ;) not disputing your point!

It'll be open soon. They used it today to unveil the new sweaters and Dion Phaneuf as the captain. I'll be there on Saturday so I'll try to snap some pics for everyone...

The "grand opening" is tomorrow night....public opening is likely shortly thereafter.

The RS sports bar/restaraunt is a spectacular place. I was lucky enough to see the original design concept and see it under construction a bit but the final product surpassed anything I could imagine. 25,000 s.f. is a huge space and the feel is more sports night club than traditional sports bar.....the concept of a full floor main level with a second floor wrapped around a big opening looking down on the main level really makes it feel like an arena with the upper deck looking down.

The centre pieces are the full length bar backed by the two storey massive main tv. Should develop into a real destination spot for sports viewing and dining.

Full public opening is next Monday (I think).....after tonight's big opening bash i think there are some other events there through this week.

Ultimately, it has to have decent food at decent prices. There are plenty of bars with tv sets (even massive ones).

I think they are definitely gearing this to be a "higher end" place....I don't know that but it feels that way.

Here is a pic I snapped from the upper level (poor quality I only had my phone).....I can assure you there are not plenty (or any) places in Toronto with this size tv.

Attachments

• realsports from up top.jpg
    realsports from up top.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 357
I think they are definitely gearing this to be a "higher end" place....I don't know that but it feels that way.

Here is a pic I snapped from the upper level (poor quality I only had my phone).....I can assure you there are not plenty (or any) places in Toronto with this size tv.

Dayyum! Is that an actual TV or is it one of those high def projector screens like they have at WEGZ in Woodbridge?

Dayyum! Is that an actual TV or is it one of those high def projector screens like they have at WEGZ in Woodbridge?

Didn't see any projector and in the lead up to last night's party they described it to us as the largest indoor high definition tv in North America.

um... what is an "actual tv"? Is a rear-projection tv an "actual TV"?

for something that size i would assume it's projector based.

for something that size i would assume it's projector based.
It's not projector based. It's a really tight dot pitch, high res video screen (aka jumbotron). Being indoor it doesn't have to be anywhere near as bright and the LEDs don't have to be exposed, so you don't see the dot patterns.

It's not projector based. It's a really tight dot pitch, high res video screen (aka jumbotron). Being indoor it doesn't have to be anywhere near as bright and the LEDs don't have to be exposed, so you don't see the dot patterns.

That's what I was wondering about. Thanks! Might be worth buying a $10 dollar pint to check it out sometime.

Back