Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

That's a pretty big assumption to make. Even if they're not fans of architecture and design like we are, I'm sure most people who live up high appreciate the views. Considering all the drawbacks of living up high (limited outdoor space, having to take multiple elevator rides daily, etc.) I'm sure at the very least they must do it for the sensation of being up over everything.

Now, I would say that there are a lot of condo buyers who don't appreciate design and architecture, because how else would buildings like The Grande Triomphe, RoCP, and most of the stuff in North York sell?

That's a pretty big assumption to make. Even if they're not fans of architecture and design like we are, I'm sure most people who live up high appreciate the views.

Not exactly what i meant... i probably should have rephrased what i said... I meant that "skyscraper geeks" would appreciate those views 100 times more than your average citizen (in general... not all the time).. I would die to wake up every morning with views from Manulife, the Ritz, etc... but to your average citizen i guess its just a typical morning.. But i guess its will all people that after a while, it just becomes part of your day, and you won't always stop and admire the view.

But even still... Do any UT members live in tall skyscrapers with great views such as the Manulife Centre (such a huge building, it seems impossible that no one on the forums lives there)... I'm not asking for views or anything but i want to get an idea of the population of people on the forums that work/live in these skyscrapers... i should start a thread or survey so that i don't hoard these threads with off-topic posts... :)

It could be fake as well because there are SO many fake earthquake vids on youtube... but in his description it says it was taken during the earthquake.. either way its cool. :)

Lest we forget re fakery

tourist-guy.jpg

Now, I would say that there are a lot of condo buyers who don't appreciate design and architecture, because how else would buildings like The Grande Triomphe, RoCP, and most of the stuff in North York sell?

Or perhaps they also take into account the interior architecture. For instance, a majority of the layouts at Lumière are tiny and impractical compared to RoCP, and a Mozo owner told me about the problems they have had due to the design of the plumbing system.

The real sports at was featured in thursdays Toronto star, they described it as a sports bar the city has never seen (which is kinda true :) )

The real sports at was featured in thursdays Toronto star, they described it as a sports bar the city has never seen (which is kinda true :) )

Yea, I was there today. I can't judge the food as the sandwich I ordered was awful. Nice atmosphere though, they have way too many TV's in that place (even in the washrooms). I think the upstairs can be booked for private parties...has a few jitz tables and simulation golf.

It's a nice place but I don't have much to compare it to. I know in the States they have some wonderful sports bars like ESPN zone for instance. What I do like about the bar is from the inside you can't tell what city you are...very neutral...great for those of us who can't stand the Maple Leafs!

Edit: And how did I forget? All the servers were young women between 19-25...save for a couple guys. Seems like this is the model for a lot of the bars now (see Moxies and Jack Astors) have nice young waitresses in form fitting clothes.

Last edited:
TV at every seat. That's pretty sweet! That would be awesome for watching a game for sure.

Yeah... i think thats something a hardcore/dedicated sports bar should have... I think they did that so that you'll never miss a moment... it really sucks when you miss that single goal due to a washroom break or distraction.... :D

Or perhaps they also take into account the interior architecture. For instance, a majority of the layouts at Lumière are tiny and impractical compared to RoCP, and a Mozo owner told me about the problems they have had due to the design of the plumbing system.

Fair enough. If I chose to live in a condo though, I still wouldn't live in something with architecture I don't respect, I'm sure there are as many decent units in good looking buildings too. Though, I suppose the benefit of living in an ugly building with nice layouts is that you won't see it anymore; except in the case of the RoCP twins. How sad and unfortunate.

^I hate when history gets rewritten without an explanation. It's like living in Stalinist Russia or George Orwell's 1984.

There was some interesting conversation being discussed about the layout and design of the units in MLS and now that whole thread is gone.

If this thread was edited for not staying on topic, then I fail to see why TVs in Sports bars is a topic any more apropos than the layout of the units inside MLS. If fact, I find the design of the units themselves spot on topic in a thread about construction of MLS.

We were not talking Real Estate or the cost of these units or move in dates or any other non construction stuff. It was about design. How North American designs are not yet up to world standards for small spaces. That seems way more on topic than allowing a disturbingly distasteful fake image that attempts to capitalize on the infamy of 9/11 to once again be re-posted or a discussion on TVs in Sports Bars.

At least a quick note with the reason for the edit would have been appreciated.

:confused:

Unit configuration and interior shots is in Real Estate, and gas been for a while know. Look for the posts there.

Something new being added to MLS. This must be that public art that was talked about, or at least the start of it. very cool looking in person.

4809376278_9c5325b685_b.jpg

Back