Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Sept 15-16

IMG_sept-15-09-0203.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0215.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0211.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0212.jpg

IMG_sept-16-09-0021.jpg

IMG_sept-16-09-0007.jpg

the towers are coming along nicely. we'll have to wait for the retail on ground level and the individual tenants to move in before we can understand this site's urban-ness and tone. who knows, maybe this part of town will one day feel like a genuine neighbourhood (fingers sincerely crossed).

knowing that the screen will show actual games is hugely encouraging.

^I don't know if MLSE will show games regularly from the big screen... I somehow doubt it. The game shown on the screen was part of Coke Zero's promotion that included an outdoor tailgate party. I don't think they will be that generous without a major sponsor.

If the Leafs/Raptors do make it to the playoffs, then showing the games on the big screen is a must. Most cities (such as the Pittsburgh Penguins during their Stanley Cup run) have done it with great success.

^I don't know if MLSE will show games regularly from the big screen... I somehow doubt it. The game shown on the screen was part of Coke Zero's promotion that included an outdoor tailgate party. I don't think they will be that generous without a major sponsor.

If the Leafs/Raptors do make it to the playoffs, then showing the games on the big screen is a must. Most cities (such as the Pittsburgh Penguins during their Stanley Cup run) have done it with great success.

LOL ... do you even watch hockey??

Comparing Pittsburgh to Toronto now? Pittsburgh should show free games outside (playoffs or not) to there's still games to show ... MLSE ? well lets just say I have a feeling the next time we make the playoffs the hype will be so extravagantly large they can charge $$$$$ just to watch the game outside in the square and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the inside.

MLSE did say the space would be used for 'tailgate' parties before games. Im sure if people keep showing up for these, they will continue to play a live feed during the game. MLSE can even take advantage of the extra crowd by selling things out in the square.

I had a friend text me from yesterdays tailgate party telling me to come down because it was amazing. Wish I had, but there will be more opportunities in the future.

I had a friend text me from yesterdays tailgate party telling me to come down because it was amazing. Wish I had, but there will be more opportunities in the future.

Does anybody happen to have any pictures from the tailgate party? Would like to see what sort of atmosphere it was.

Back