Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Like I said in the Menkes/Telus thread, I am no match for Grey in terms of camera or talent but I did get an interesting look at the south tower and thought you might be interested in this pic.

....here is a different perspective on the public area/screen in front of the ACC.

....west side, north corner this is your view northwest(ish)

Attachments

• DSCI0078.jpg
    DSCI0078.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCI0101.jpg
    DSCI0101.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCI0102.jpg
    DSCI0102.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCI0088.jpg
    DSCI0088.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome perspective, TOareaFan! The top of the MCC could use some work... I bet it would support a green roof.

Awesome perspective, TOareaFan! The top of the MCC could use some work... I bet it would support a green roof.

I presume you meant the ACC.....from up there, however, what is blatantly obvious is how important it is that we get going on the shed roof over the tracks at Union station....with so many of Torontonians now (and soon) going to be living high off the ground in this area, that current roof is a real eyesore!

The ACC roof, while not very attractive, at least is passable and is appropriate for what is under it....an ice rink!

I think he meant the MTCC; Metro Toronto Convention Centre, in which case a green roof is something I'd fully support. Though I'd like to see them on many buildings, it'd definitely help MTCC a whole lot.

MLS towers looking tall ....pic by Jasonzed at SSC.....

09202009016.jpg

i had no idea they would be painting the maple leaves as maple leafs. not sure how that's going to digest with me. and how about some love for the raptors? no? fine.

they're also building something around the ice cream cone statues. hopefully they make some place to sit and possible add some green?

Well, it is called Maple Leaf Square. I think the leafs are a nice touch. But I agree with you that they could have added the Raptors.

I would have preferred they left those leaves left unpainted too. The Maple Leafs logo is everywhere already and having it painted on the ground looks tacky... just like seeing morons driving around with "custom" Maple Leafs logos on their license plates.

I would have preferred they left those leaves left unpainted too. The Maple Leafs logo is everywhere already and having it painted on the ground looks tacky... just like seeing morons driving around with "custom" Maple Leafs logos on their license plates.

Yup, definitely agree - the leafs were a decent touch, but they have gone and Budweisered them. Another reason to hate MLSE?

p5

The painted leaves (well, Leafs hehe) are hideous.

I preferred them before. You know, when they weren't painted and... weren't tacky.

Has anyone actually been down there to confirm that it is indeed paint? I have a feeling it may just be chalk or a temporary paint. I don't see why the ACC would use the ground to ONLY promote the Maple Leafs when the Raptors also play in the same arena. Its like a slap in the face to the Raps. The Leafs have just started preseason so I would assume it was just to promote the start of it. (ie. for the tailgate parties)

If they are indeed permanent, lets rip some up and put down some Raptor paws!

On second thought, It has to be temporary. Even if they did use real paint it would look really bad in no time with all the foot traffic, salt & sand from the winter and the rain. If it was their intention to have these as 'Maple Leafs' then they would have dyed the concrete so it wouldn't weather.

Last edited:
On another note,

It would be nice if Bremner could be closed during the winter. This would allow for an ice rink in between Telus and MLS, facing the ACC. It would have a little Rockefeller feel to it, and im sure it would be a popular place for people to skate.

On one side, you have the CN Tower, and on the other you have the ACC's video screen. It would be sweet!

Back