Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Glass on bridge

They were installing the windows on the south side of the bridge between MLS and ACC late yesterday but I couldn't snap a photo while driving.

I'm sorry to put this thread into more OT, but I really like the idea of "The Blue Mile" with the sports theme attached. Maybe it could go further west along Fort York Blvd to the Princes Gate and on to BMO Field? Maybe that's too far, but just a thought

I'm sorry to put this thread into more OT, but I really like the idea of "The Blue Mile" with the sports theme attached. Maybe it could go further west along Fort York Blvd to the Princes Gate and on to BMO Field? Maybe that's too far, but just a thought

And then north on the 427 to the possible new NHL arena for the GTA?

I'm not a sports person, but I like this idea too. Let Bremner between the Dome and the ACC be the ceremonial space for sports. I think that going past the Dome might be a little far though. I have an impression of the street as almost an enclosed space where you can see one end from the other. The Dome and the ACC provide visual endpoints.

From Toronto2008 at SSC.

the amount of $$ investment in this intersection in the past year or so is incredible
p_00178.jpg

the bridge connecting the MLS to the house of horrors
p_00179-1.jpg

The balcony glass looks really good! :banana:

I'm sorry to put this thread into more OT, but I really like the idea of "The Blue Mile" with the sports theme attached. Maybe it could go further west along Fort York Blvd to the Princes Gate and on to BMO Field?

Problem is that all the teams that play at BMO wear red... TFC, the Canadian National Soccer Team, and the Toronto Nationals of Major League Lacrosse. We might need a transition space called the "Purple Mile".

They are just adding glass on front of the concrete? What's this project going for, $700sq/ft? You would think the developer would invest in cladding at least the front of those for that kind of money. Have a look at some older 90's condo developments and those developers at least covered the concrete with some sort of cap.

Here's a ton of photos of MLSE taken on Friday:

Super reflective glass versus super transparent glass:

mlsereflective42781.jpg

mlsetransparent42751.jpg

More super reflective glass versus super transparent glass:

mlsereflective42801.jpg

mlsetransparent42791.jpg

A few random shots:

mlse42811.jpg

mlse42951.jpg

mlse43101.jpg

mlse43131.jpg

From Bremner & York, facing south:

mlse43161.jpg

From York & Lakeshore, facing north:

mlse43171.jpg

Skyline shot:

mlse43191.jpg

Here's where that big screen is going to go on the ACC:

mlsescreen42871.jpg

Here are some glass panes lying around:

mlseglass42921.jpg

Last edited:
Problem is that all the teams that play at BMO wear red... TFC, the Canadian National Soccer Team, and the Toronto Nationals of Major League Lacrosse. We might need a transition space called the "Purple Mile".

Raptors wear red at ACC, too. And the Rock where a whole bunch of colours, but not blue. Maybe it should just be called "Athletics Avenue" or "the ridiculously paid for what they do mile"

Could the corner-windows on the ACC expansion not have been rounded to give it a more art-deco feel?

I'm actually trying to decide if I like the squared-off corner as is, or if round would've looked appropriate. haha.

GREAT photos! Thank you.

Raptors wear red at ACC, too. And the Rock where a whole bunch of colours, but not blue. Maybe it should just be called "Athletics Avenue" or "the ridiculously paid for what they do mile"

Just call it the Jock Walk and forget about colours and "miles" calling it Jock Walk also allows the city's Scottish community to take over the place on January 25th (Rabbie Burns Day) and November 30 (St. Andrew's Day). ;)

Back