Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Nov 11

IMG_nov-11-09-0201.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0202.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0209.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0210.jpg

IMG_nov-07-09-0262.jpg

Interesting....

The panels look blueish. Not bad. I was expecting the typical grey or silver looking panels but this is different. I like and it compliments the other colour scheme on the lower floors. Whether others will like this reminds to be seen.

I think these roof features are what tie the whole project together-- the glass from the podium and the balconies makes sense now and have a sort of "conclusion".

Definitely better looking with the addition of these roof features :)

from the corner of Bay and Harbour st. it looks very nice as the color of MLS perfectly matches the oxidized copper ornaments of the old Harbour commission building

I went to take few pictures from Bay/Harbour... and while I was walking back home they have installed the last panel of the box

Attachments

• DSC06164.jpg
    DSC06164.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC06171.jpg
    DSC06171.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC06183.jpg
    DSC06183.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 234
Like the little mortarboard on Casa, which is a summary of what happens below rather than a prehensile limb that takes the tower off in a new direction, these rooftop elements express what goes on below with the two differently-shaped towers quite nicely.

Like the little mortarboard on Casa, which is a summary of what happens below rather than a prehensile limb that takes the tower off in a new direction, these rooftop elements express what goes on below with the two differently-shaped towers quite nicely.

Big surprise, the Turban Hawker likes this hideous canker of a 'roof element.' Mmmmmm, hospital green...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

The Toronto skyline looks AWESOME!!!!!... I still see all those skyline photos from the same angle that were taken 3 years ago STILL being used!!!!!

It pisses me off when news channels use older skyline photos in their broadcasts... The skyline IS gettin filled and jam packed!!!

Festival tower will fill in some more gaps! and Parade will look sweet! Trump will make the CBD SOOO dense!

**Toronto's waterfront does need some work... There are hardly any buildings that line the waterfront leaving too many open gaps :( (Especially near the Rogers Centre)

anyways... GREAT SHOTS!

Personally I'd like to see that gap by Rogers Centre remain as it looks quite impressive when the dome's open at night during a blue jay/argo game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'd like to see that gap by Rogers Centre remain as it looks quite impressive when the dome's open at night during a blue jay/argo game.

Yeah... you bring up a good point.... it's just from a skyline point of view it's not as ideal....

:)

Quick! Call your buddy Renzo The Roofer! He'll do it! The grass is always designed greener somewhere else!

Oh, if I had the money it would already have been done. That way, all the 'Toronto Style' architects could gather round and see why they haven't been called upon (outside of their city of course) more often.

He also wouldn't be relying on cheap-parlor-trick-multi-hued-G+C-esque balcony treatments when informing his tower, as KPMB has done here. Don't get me wrong, MLS is a nice complex but it ain't showing up in Record anytime soon.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

The Toronto skyline looks AWESOME!!!!!... I still see all those skyline photos from the same angle that were taken 3 years ago STILL being used!!!!!

It pisses me off when news channels use older skyline photos in their broadcasts... The skyline IS gettin filled and jam packed!!!

Festival tower will fill in some more gaps! and Parade will look sweet! Trump will make the CBD SOOO dense!

**Toronto's waterfront does need some work... There are hardly any buildings that line the waterfront leaving too many open gaps :( (Especially near the Rogers Centre)

anyways... GREAT SHOTS!

steveve's enthusiasm is always a nice counterpoint to the negativity around here :p

Back