Toronto Maple House at Canary Landing | 89.61m | 26s | Dream | COBE Architects

Kind of unsure what’s happening with the mortar on the lower levels but it looks v messy in places, but signage has already been hung? Is this just the way it is forever?

IMG_9890.jpeg

Kind of unsure what’s happening with the mortar on the lower levels but it looks v messy in places, but signage has already been hung? Is this just the way it is forever?

View attachment 503979
likely needs to have a final acid wash and they didnt want to delay signage install. technically the brick can be acid-washed with the signage on.

So my question with those towns- directly across the street is another building that had towns facing onto Mill St. One is an Opticial place, the other a real estate office- neither of which I think was built with the intention of commercial. So what are the odds we see some home businesses in those Maple units? Someone living there but with a sign in the window for…whatever?

So my question with those towns- directly across the street is another building that had towns facing onto Mill St. One is an Opticial place, the other a real estate office- neither of which I think was built with the intention of commercial. So what are the odds we see some home businesses in those Maple units? Someone living there but with a sign in the window for…whatever?
I think the chance is very, very high.

...continued from previous...

The third one:
3a.jpg

3b.jpg

3c.jpg

3d.jpg

They've used a really nice semi-reflective glass at ground level. I imagine it might be rather see-through at night, but during the day, it seems to afford privacy.
I couldn't get over the general level of finesse that all the finishings showed. It was a rare building to walk around that you could actually linger over the details - that there were actually details to look at!

reflect.jpg

Approaching the walkway between COBE's two towers - there was a comfortably roomy looking corner unit there.

IMG_20230913_143103042_HDR.jpg

4th1.jpg

4th2.jpg

A glimpse through a doorway of another unit, in the walkway between the two buildings...

alley.jpg

- Swoon! -

swoon1.jpg

swoon2.jpg

swoon3.jpg

Any idea when the streetcars loop's going to go away so we can get a complete street here?
A good while! The top priority is QQE from Bay to Cherry and south to the new Commissioners loop. Building a new tunnel through rail berm will be both costly and slow. Of course, the QQE line has been a City priority for over a decade so I am not really holding my breath even about Phase 1. A report is due in October but no sign yet.

I think I'll prep my keyboard with hand towel coverage in case rdaner-san takes pics of the contents of this cafe of sorts on opening day... /drools

Back