Toronto Manulife Centre Podium and Streetscape Renewal | 9.75m | 2s | Manulife Real Estate | MdeAS Architects

Thanks Chester! I keep waiting for news but little comes along. Do you know what they are doing along Balmuto St? Is it essentially the same thing?

Looking at the elevations - essentially yes

Well then it should be more interesting to look at if we will have views of the shops through all that glass. It should hopefully be more animated than what is there now.

So, Eataly New York: 50,000 square feet. Italy Chicago: 63,000 square feet over two storeys.

In the Manulife Centre, Eataly will be on three storeys at the north end. It looks like the ground floor entry area, just to the west of the main hall entry on Bloor, will be around three thousand square feet. From there, there will be stairs down to concourse level where it looks like there will be at least 4,000 square feet (maybe a couple more thousand, depending on how space is divided: the plan for this area is vague), and escalators up to the second floor where the bulk of the operation will be. Eataly will basically have everything north of the Cineplex on this level: there's a note on the plans there indicating 39,000 square feet. What I am not certain of is whether the 39,000 square foot number is for all three floors, or just the top floor. I suspect it's for just the top floor.

Now that is very exciting news, I've never been to an Eataly but have read a lot about it. It should hopefully be a great addition to the. Neighbourhood.

I've been to the Eataly in NY (and the smaller restaurant only in Tokyo). I think this is a great fit location wise - I predict it will really add a spark to this strip of Bloor.

Renderings from the B/H website:
project.jpg

project.jpg
project.jpg
project.jpg

image.jpeg
I'm trying to visualize where Eataly will be located. Will the second floor area be where BMO Business banking is located currently?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    696.8 KB · Views: 1,573
Now that is very exciting news, I've never been to an Eataly but have read a lot about it. It should hopefully be a great addition to the. Neighbourhood.

It will be! But I haven't been in one either. Walked by both the Chi and NYC ones and didn't venture inside because they were swamped with people.

I'm trying to visualize where Eataly will be located. Will the second floor area be where BMO Business banking is located currently?

Yes - as i42 mentioned above all the space north of Cineplex is being allocated to the "food tenant". There's a elevator servicing all 3 levels and there will be escalators up to the 2nd level from the main entrance off Bloor Street.

All the blue space is new floor area / structure

Wr4Yp9r.png

Are those currently vacant ? So seems like birks / ashleys are staying put.

In other words, A1, B1, C1 and C9.

Yes, makes sense now thank you. I can see in the renderings "Gourmet Table" on the second floor overlooking both Bay and Bloor. I didn't see it before as the Birks signs where taking over the corner. I get scared of alterations to awesome brutalist structures, but this should be worth it now. Phew.

dataBase file established and linked at the top of the page. It includes all 6 renderings related to the project so far.

I've been to the Eataly in NY (and the smaller restaurant only in Tokyo). I think this is a great fit location wise - I predict it will really add a spark to this strip of Bloor.
I have been to the Eatily in Milan several time and the one in NYC twice - they are extremely popular (both for the restaurants and the 'stuff) and the meals I had (in Milan) were excellent but they are certainly not cheap. It will be interesting to see if Torontonians embrace one here.

Back