Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

Took this on Thursday. Growing!

4450847961_fb34197b36_b.jpg

I think those are glass samples for testing (above). The one below is a different shade from the one above. The difference is clearer in person. Might just be some adhesive plastic protection on one and not the other, but I'm pretty sure they're samples because they've been there for months now and they're the only two sections of glass on that side.

There's a lot more glass on the west side (whole floors are clad now).

Last edited:
March 31 2010 update

Northwest Elevations - now on 14th floor
Click to Enlarge

Looks like these are the final glazing (not test panels)

April 12
M5V on the left, Lightbox Festival Tower in the centre, and boutique on the right from CityPlace.

Sorry to detract from the thread, but that warehouse which is outfitted with all sorts of gadgets and doodads is what is wrong with Toronto's built realm.

The building itself is actually quite a striking, muscular 6-storey warehouse. If you look at it from this vantage point, though, all you see is that the poor building is tarted up in wraparound commercial advertising, more ads running up and down its edges, a forest of cell phone transmitters and a giant billboard tower. At ground level (not seen) you get a cracked asphalt sidewalk with a yellow highway spec guardrail separating pedestrians from the northbound lanes of Spadina avenue. On its north facade (also not seen) you have "boulevard parking" (aka: carving up valuable public sidewalk space to accommodate parking for 3 or 4 high level employees who chose to drive).

And all of this is meant to front onto Clarence Square, a neat Georgian-era town square that was built in the same mould as Philadelphia's celebrated Rittenhouse Square, or London's Russel Square. While a very handsome row of town houses faces the edge of the square from the north, the remainder of the park is noted for benches that are so old and neglected that they are missing slats, uneven asphalt paving and more MTO-spec highway guardrails to demarcate its edges, and a very prominent Petro Canada gas station.

Sorry for going off on a tangent, but I had to get this off my chest. We can now return to talking about M5V life.

Last edited:

Back