Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

AG, who knows what is going to happen on what day. Maybe four construction workers will arrive tomorrow, maybe fourteen. We don't know. In the meantime it is not necessary to post every little thought you have. Let's not lengthen this or other threads with meaningless ramblings.

Delayed

TAS circulated a letter to buyers this month stating that the project was delayed, and occupancy is expected to be in May of 2011. Of course, that means November 2011 with any luck.

A buyer allowed me to read the letter, and have to say it was odd and rambling, and did not inspire confidence or comfort. A strange, unprofessional, and truly strange letter.....

No surprise ... even if it is under construction now.

When was the previous move in date set to?

Anyone remember the time when there were three or four workers on the Murano site? That project was in sales over three years ago and it's still under construction.

Delays are the norm for condos. Occupancy in my relatively small building was delayed for over a year. A delay on this one does not surprise me.

TAS circulated a letter to buyers this month stating that the project was delayed, and occupancy is expected to be in May of 2011. Of course, that means November 2011 with any luck.

A buyer allowed me to read the letter, and have to say it was odd and rambling, and did not inspire confidence or comfort. A strange, unprofessional, and truly strange letter.....

Well that is good news for speculators that do not want to take title to their
units in this depressed market--buys them time.
But for us who are renting, waiting for M5V to be built for our occupancy,
it is VERY discouraging....

I have been waiting for drawings for 3 months now, the former said it had to do with a redesign.

No surprise ... even if it is under construction now.

When was the previous move in date set to?

I just reviewed their sales brochure from the initial launch and the tentative occupany date was slated for November 24, 2009.

So the new occupancy in May of 2011 is a 18 month delay, but you can expect more.

I walked by the site today on King West and there were definitely sounds of machinery digging. Also, I can't see any excavators from the streetcar, which means they're at least one level down. There was a hole in the hoarding a few days ago, which would have afforded nice views of the site, but I didn't have my camera with me, and it looks like they put something in front of it, so the chance is gone...

I've seen activity every time I walk by the sight.

Clearly they were delayed but I have a feeling they're on track now.

I'm looking forward to this one, it should add a lot to the area - particularly if the colored glass is done correctly.

Back