Toronto M2M Condos | 129.9m | 40s | Aoyuan | Wallman Architects

Bit of news here; the supermarket has been leased.

It will be a novel version of an established grocer. But not one of the conventional majors.

I can't reveal the name yet, but it should be public next week.

T&T could use a store in the area.
T&T along with original FoodBasics were original suiters,... FoodBasics bailed for parent company Metro's empty space at Emerald Park south of Sheppard,... and T&T bailed for FairviewMall

Changing the topic,.... in May 2021 I posted:

-----------------------------------
Here at Aoyuan M2M construction is being done in 3 phases with Community Space going into Phase 2:
- For Phase 1 to get their Building Permit, Aoyuan would include cashier cheque worth the value of Phase 1's Section 37 Community Benefit contribution towards the final Community Space
- For Phase 2 to get their Building Permit,... City would insist Aoyuan include cashier cheque worth the value of Phase 2's Section 37 Community Benefit contribution towards the final Community Space and/or tie it to occupancy permit of phase 2
- Phase 3 haven't started yet? Phase 3 is still just a rendering of low/mid-rise,... no official redevelopment application and no Building Permit to grant,... thus City can't collect the Section 37 Community Benefit contribution from Phase 3 yet. This is mainly why the Section 37 Community Benefit community space generated from just Phase 1 and Phase 2 is deemed too small,....

When Phase 3 gets to Building Permit stage - the Section 37 Community Benefit could just be cash,.... which would more or less cover the $3.9million City is now paying for the additional 1,960m2 (21,097sqft) space for Community Centre. Again, Phase 3 is a wild card,.... Phase 3 likely won't be the low/mid-rise as rendered,.... it's more likely to be tallest and highest density of M2M 5 towers,... especially if Cummer Station is built and North York Centre Secondary Plan continue to fails to hold density restriction. Anyways,... maybe get Public Library as part of Section 37 Community Benefit in M2M Phase 3
--------------------------------------------------------------

Image from Phase 2 late 2021 still showing Phase 3 as low-rise of about 10-storey and 98 units
1660848542528.png

Development Application officially submitted for Phase 3 "Site Plan Application for the 3rd phase of the Newtonbrook Plaza development. Proposal consisting of a 38-storey mixed-use tower with 496 dwelling units. Total gross floor area of 66,838.9 square metres, consisting of 34,782.0 square metres of residential GFA and 4,215.0 square metres of commercial GFA. Overall density of 4.6 times the area of the entire Newtonbrook redevelopment site. 254 vehicular parking spaces and 405 bicycle parking spaces are proposed. (see 20-209468 NNY 18 SA for phase 2)"

1,122m2 of Retail, 3,093m2 of Office,... 89% Residential with 496 units (13 Bachelor, 274 1-BR, 178 2-BR, 31 3-R) at 10.7FSI density for Phase 3 and overall 4.60FSI density throughout M2M (original Silvercore settlement for 4.2FSI density),... Phase 3 at 38-storey is not tallest but it is highest density.

Image of Phase 3 looking southeast from northern corner of Yonge and Cummer/Drewry
AoyuanM2MPhase3.png

H-Mart will be the grocery tenant here and is expected to open in Spring 2024:

There ya go..............

Remember I said it was a novel concept for the grocer in question...........

1661210991727.png

Opening Spring '24

1661211068986.png

Source: Retail-Insider/Aoyuan Canada

1661211119912.png

1661211184195.png

For the rest of the renders, follow the link over to Retail-Insider!

I assume they will close their store just south of Finch?
They also have one down at Church Av. and the M2M (store) next to Sheppard Centre.
This may take away some of Galleria's traffic, although Galleria does open 24hrs.

I assume they will close their store just south of Finch?

I'll assume H-mart will keep their Yonge & Olive H-mart (just south of Finch) which will likely be the only grocery store at Yonge & Finch area once Shoppers Drug Mart at 5576 Yonge closes for redevelopment,...
- Yonge & Olive H-mart is 560m from their Yonge & Church H-mart,... showing H-mart is willing to saturate an area
- Yonge & Olive H-mart is a further 720m to this new much larger Aoyuan M2M H-mart
- most of the area's population density is in the condos, south of Finch and area Subway users will be walking by the Yonge & Olive H-mart often - so convenient to pick up something on the way home,... but for these folks the Aoyuan M2M H-mart is a long walk/detour out of the way

Back