Mississauga M1 & M2 at M City | 197.81m | 60s | Rogers Real Estate | Core Architects

Mississauga will be getting a 60 story building. The podium looks huge in the rendering. https://www.thestar.com/business/20...ew-heights-as-mississaugas-tallest-tower.html

Wow, that's nice:cool:
2hd8pp3.jpg

Mississauga gets cool twisty buildings, but Toronto seems stuck with "boxes but with slightly different balconies".

You do realize that this project is basically what you have just said right?
Those undulations don't look to me like anything done in Toronto. Is the enclosed space a box with massive balconies, or does it follow the shapes of the floor plates, like with Absolute World?

Those undulations don't look to me like anything done in Toronto. Is the enclosed space a box with massive balconies, or does it follow the shapes of the floor plates, like with Absolute World?

It's a neat-looking proposal, for sure, but it's a bridge too far to say "Mississauga now has cool buildings and Toronto doesn't."

I couldn't care less about some novelty, twisting pattern. This is a cheap imitation of Absolute World that expresses the twisty tower trend has gone on far too long. It's also just density here. There's nothing urban/interesting about the concept.

It's a neat-looking proposal, for sure, but it's a bridge too far to say "Mississauga now has cool buildings and Toronto doesn't."

It's fine. Cool and quality are hardly interchangeable.

I agree that saying Toronto doesn't have cool buildings is hyperbole. But much of what passes for innovation in Toronto these days is largely boxes with different balcony treatments. Those can look great (One Bloor, Harbour Plaza), or boring, but this approach seems to be so dominant in Toronto currently. Buildings like Exhibit or River City 3 that play with the actual form of the structure seem rather rare.

I couldn't care less about some novelty, twisting pattern. This is a cheap imitation of Absolute World that expresses the twisty tower trend has gone on far too long. It's also just density here. There's nothing urban/interesting about the concept.
It figures, nothing interests you

Last edited:
Not true. Not surprised by your response though. Not sure why you have to take things so personally. There's such a strong desire for structural expressionism or anything as a counter to the unfounded box perception that people will accept anything. Just look at the flack aA get because their design strategy is lauded as "boring" instead of complimented for their unwavering stance to their style and the quality execution in a market where most firms are bullied into compromising to the tilt. This isn't bad but, it's certainly has been overrated just because it's different from the standard glass box. That's not how I judge design.

This building should be built in Square One area of Mississauga's downtown core for it's uniqueness. It would even look good in downtown T.O !

Something at least this good should be erected in CityPlace. It's a sad commentary that Mississauga developments inspire more pride of place than Toronto.

Back