Mississauga M1 & M2 at M City | 197.81m | 60s | Rogers Real Estate | Core Architects

It will be interesting to see if there are shared facilities for the whole development, or individual facilities in each building. One would build community, the other not.

It will be interesting to see if there are shared facilities for the whole development, or individual facilities in each building. One would build community, the other not.

I don't think that's how communities are formed.

Sooner or later, prefer sooner, the city going to have to build a community centre for the area and could be part of this development, Parkside Village or another site.

One big issue will be lack of schools k-8. The public school on Webb to the east is to be rebuild, considering it was partly rebuilt 10 years ago.

This site is a community once built out without adding the area around it.

Once this site is built, transit in the area needs to be beef up, but should happen as it gets develop.

As for having shovels in the ground come 2017, can't see it happening unless this is a rental. If it's a condo, 2019-20 more the time frame. Other than doing it on speculation, this is a few years off being built.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this all be walking distance from the Hurontario LRT loop? Shouldn't that be sufficient in terms of transit?
It's an yes and no answer depending where riders are going.

It's quicker to take 28 to get to the GO station than use the LRT.

It's a 5-15 minute walk to get the LRT, depending where you are located on the site. At this time, we don't know what the headways will be for the LRT and that should surface around 2020-21, depending who operating it.

26 runs as a grid line weekday around 15 minute with a travel time of 35 minutes to Islington or 20 to South Common. On the weekend, you got 20-32 with a travel time of 50 minutes to Islington.

You got the 6/91 that takes you to the City Centre Transit Terminal with different headways 7 days a week at various times.

Weekend service sucks, but better than it was 10 years ago and needs to be better.

It's a 10-20 minute walk to Sq One Mall or Sheridan College.

If you are taking the LRT to Port Credit, it's about a 30 minute ride, depending how the line is run as well being split.

Last edited:
As for having shovels in the ground come 2017, can't see it happening unless this is a rental. If it's a condo, 2019-20 more the time frame. .

Are you sure on that??? i believe (if a condo) this thing will be sold out before it hits the market
the hype that's been going on every local TV/Radio station since the announcement by Rogers, is crazy:eek:

Are you sure on that??? i believe (if a condo) this thing will be sold out before it hits the market
the hype that's been going on every local TV/Radio station since the announcement by Rogers, is crazy:eek:
If this is like Absolute 1 that saw 2 to surface that was never plan, then there is a chance for late 2017.

It also depends how fast this plan gets approval as well design.

If sales price is lower than Block 9 as well PSV across the street, then it will have more legs for 2017. You also got Grand 2 to the west.

Hype is one thing, sales is another thing.

Sure, I get the individual towers have twists and turns but, is this the best they could create? There's nothing remotely interesting in the neighbourhood's built form and design. Note: This is a Canada wide issue.

The schools in the area will fill up to over-overflowing. Expect a lot of portables in the short term.
That is why the Webb school got rebuilt and have portable again.

All the k-12 schools in the area have portables now.

Sure, I get the individual towers have twists and turns but, is this the best they could create? There's nothing remotely interesting in the neighbourhood's built form and design. Note: This is a Canada wide issue.
To repeat, none of the buildings have been designed other than the undulating Core building at the northeast corner.

The master plan is done. It's a boring block plan with towers on large, lowrise podiums.

Tower One, Tower the First, whatever it's to be called, will be 164.65m high, "+ Elevator Over run". Since we measure the height to the highest point on the building, I'm going to pop 168 metres to cover, for now, whatever that overrun is likely to be. The exact final height will likely not be known until the elevator manufacturer has been selected.

Back