Toronto Luna at Concord CityPlace | 125.88m | 38s | Concord Adex | Core Architects

I agree, they are looking good so far. Right now they are hindered by the fact they do not connect with too many places, yet. The south linear park will provide a nice connection into the Park, but Spadina severly limits its potential. East of Spadina it is really nice and a good alternative to walking along Bremner and Lake Shore (not that LS is a reasonable option). Right now those who want to continue along the South Linear Park from the east have to go north on Spadina, do a 3-stage crossing at Bremner/Spadina/Fort York, then head south on Spadina (or risk their life crossing Spadina and the on/off ramps). A bridge over Spadina would do wonders (and they would not have to deal with GO).

yesterday as the sun was getting low in the sky (and after the security guard had asked me to leave the property!)

3500059954_60a80b33a5_o.jpg

WOW!!!! Simply Stunning Shot :)

That's the first image I've seen where CityPlace looks somewhat urban.

ditto Ramako ... it certain helps when the streetscape is mixed with retail and residential lobbies ~ a step in the right direction for Cityplace

Also, the north linear park connection under Spadina is now open. Check out the awesome, grate-like staircase that was installed. They spared no expense on it at all, can't wait to see the fabulous pedestrian bridge they are building as well.

being sarcastic now are we ? LOL :D

Just a little. That's where I'll be standing trying to get a good view of the (box-truss) pedestrian bridge being lowered in place.

The bars on the staircase's railings are at a 45 degree angle. Although it doesn't show up too badly in that picture, in reality it really looks as if someone ordered railings for a flat surface by accident, and they just bolted it together anyway.

The Sobey's is going to make an incredible difference in this area, though. It's such an essential thing for any urban neighborhood.

The bars on the staircase's railings are at a 45 degree angle. Although it doesn't show up too badly in that picture, in reality it really looks as if someone ordered railings for a flat surface by accident, and they just bolted it together anyway.

In Concord's defense (which I wouldn't normally come to), I think that's the look they were going for.

Have a peek at the new 18 York renders or those of Casa's lobby for similar arrangements.

Sobey's is hopping today. It is much larger inside than I expected. And they have sushi! Not the best, but still...No need to drive to T&T no more!

And they're handing out free insulated tote bags. Very nice...

Sobey's is hopping today. It is much larger inside than I expected. And they have sushi! Not the best, but still...No need to drive to T&T no more!

And they're handing out free insulated tote bags. Very nice...

There is a sushi restaurant in the cityplace area: between Spot coffee and St. Louis'.

yes bluefin has great sushi - very fresh - a bit pricier but its worth it. they also deliver for free to cityplace if you spend more than $20

DSC01128.jpg

Fits in with the rest of cityplace unfourtunetly. i would have liked a change in design. at least it has a curve in it.

Attachments

• DSC01128.jpg
    DSC01128.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 413
August 2 2009 update

I just realised today that the curved wall on Luna podium lines up perfectly with Parade's podium to frame a "S" curve streetwall along Fort York Boulevard ... pretty cool ~

IMG_1402.jpg

Luna Vista + Luna Villa Forming a "C" Shaped Curve
IMG_1404.jpg

Luna Villa
IMG_1403.jpg

Back