Toronto Luna at Concord CityPlace | 125.88m | 38s | Concord Adex | Core Architects

4002325880_d4d0c2fb8b_b.jpg

its really weird how most of the Cityplace towers have a nice south facade (ie: glass lanterns) but have a ugly looking blank wall at the top on the north side ... does Concord Adex realise most of the Toronto population will see Cityplace from the north side ??

in the above photo you can see what I mean as this applies to Optima, Montage, Luna (and likely Parade in the future)

But the little zippy planes only see CityPlace from the south!

(Yes, it is weird how CityPlace essentially says to the rest of the city you're just my backyard.)

There has been a purple light (looks like a panel of glass in the crown is lit with LED's) on the top of this building for the past few nights. Its a bright purple and looks GREAT! Its just a single panel right now, but I am assuming multiple panels will be lit, or the entire crown.

Got a picture of the crown lit up the other night. More panels have been lit. I love the colour!

Sorry for the poor quality, I only had my cell on me!

091230_193008.jpg

And in the Telus thread people were saying that the signage had to be lit in white because purple light doesn't show properly. That's a bit of a lighter shade than Telus uses, but I think I would've preferred that to what we got.

A very positive addition to the Warm by Night project tho. That should also be quite prominent when driving by on the Gardiner

I cannot believe Hume wrote that article. Is it a prank?

I agree that Luna is the most attractive and complete part of City Place yet. But the lack of retail, although addressed in the article, completely takes away from the building. Once again Hume's rating system defies logic.

The article belongs in the Comics section, not the Homes section. I just pretended he was being a little sarcastic, throughout the whole article.

I had to read it twice too. I'm thinking maybe it was an advertorial paid for by Concord... or someone's put pressure on Hume. I've lost a lot of respect for him after this article.

I've seen a couple interior shots. Finishes are quite impressive. I really like this building.

Back