Toronto LTD Condos | ?m | 15s | Malibu Investments | RAW Design

No site work or excavation yet. This lot is still being used as a parking lot. It looks the same as the pics on the last page (except for the snow).

Pic taken today. I have a feeling it will be a very, very long time before we see excavation begin.

DSCN3803.jpg

given the delivery timeline of Malibu (phase 1) ... I expect there to be like 2-3 years delay after the estimated completed date (if construction happens)

I have a feeling this project will bite the credit-crisis dust.

You're probably right ... Malibu Investment Inc. is a new developer so they may not be able to get financing as easily as more established co. and they also have several other projects on the go.

Next Friday (Oct 24) Malibu Investments will bring details of its Malibu phase II condo, at 20-24 Bathurst Street, to Toronto's Design Review Panel for a second time. A site plan application is currently under consideration by the city. James Parakh of the city’s urban design group, city planner Jamaica Hewston and Roland Rom Colthoff of RAW Design will give presentations on the project.

Context

The Fort York Neighbourhood is really shaping up ... this plan shows nicely what's being built, and what's to come ~

(left to right)

Waterpark City + Atlantis ... Angelique St ... Neptune 1+2 .. Gzowski St ... June Callwood Park .... Bastion St ... West Harbour City 1 ... Grand Magazine St ... West Harbour City 2 ... Iannuzzi St ... Malibu ... (go north) ... LTD ... Bruyeres Mews

FY_context.jpg

Wow, that's a great image that shows what the neighbourhood will become! Mind if I ask where you got it from? Are plans like this available for other areas?

The above plan was extracted from the legend of a recent 'June Callwood Park' design competition drawings ... I found it particularly helpful since it has all the current/accurate building footprints of proposed/built buildings that I can relate to, instead of just blocks of empty land on a plan :)

Daily Commercial News

progress being made here ~ :)
CONDOMINIUM BUILDING
Proj: 9073668-10
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS
LTD, 20-24 Bathurst St, Fort York, M5V
$35,000,000 est
Start: October, 2009 Complete: February, 2012
Note: Sales and marketing are underway. Preliminary Working drawings are ongoing. Working drawings are expected November, 2009. Sub trade tender schedules will be finalized early Fall, 2009. Further update September, 2009.
Project: caisson pile foundation, drilled caissons, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, curtainwall exterior, concrete tile roof, fuel fired heating system, heat pumps; landscaped roof; various interior finishes; proposed construction of a condominium building.
Scope: 130,000 square feet; 15 storeys; 1 storey below grade; 180 units
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

First report Mon Nov 19, 2007. Last report Fri Jun 19, 2009.
This report Thu Aug 13, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=329a97359111a12c1e51d098ac89d9d264de748a&projectid=9073668&region=ontario

progress being made here ~ :)
CONDOMINIUM BUILDING
Proj: 9073668-10
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS
LTD, 20-24 Bathurst St, Fort York, M5V
$35,000,000 est
Start: October, 2009 Complete: February, 2012
Note: Sales and marketing are underway. Preliminary Working drawings are ongoing. Working drawings are expected November, 2009. Sub trade tender schedules will be finalized early Fall, 2009. Further update September, 2009.
Project: caisson pile foundation, drilled caissons, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, curtainwall exterior, concrete tile roof, fuel fired heating system, heat pumps; landscaped roof; various interior finishes; proposed construction of a condominium building.
Scope: 130,000 square feet; 15 storeys; 1 storey below grade; 180 units
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

First report Mon Nov 19, 2007. Last report Fri Jun 19, 2009.
This report Thu Aug 13, 2009.

Again...Such Doom and Gloom from the seniors, i guess Malibu Investment inc. have proven you all wrong

I have a feeling it will be a very, very long time before we see excavation begin.

I have a feeling this project will bite the credit-crisis dust.

given the delivery timeline of Malibu (phase 1) ... I expect there to be like 2-3 years delay after the estimated completed date (if construction happens)

Again...Such Doom and Gloom from the seniors, i guess Malibu Investment inc. have proven you all wrong

AG ... I'm really not a Doom and Gloom type of person .... I stand corrected with respected to my earlier statement suggesting 'if construction happens' at LTD

However, I think my projection of 2-3 years delay is still in line with LTD's construction progress + timing ... in fact, does anyone know what the 'original estimated occupancy' was ??

Back