Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

York was open northbound from the QQW this afternoon when I was in the area. Some of the paving is standard, but the rest was rough looking.

Went over to check out the foot of the Simcoe off ramp today. Man that is one major ramp! Three lanes wide at the bottom! That whole intersection looks so pedestrian unfriendly. So many lanes of traffic to cross. I still maintain the biggest barrier to pedestrians isn't the Gardiner. It's the Gardiner's on and off ramps and the enormously wide and spread out Lake Shore Boulevard. Simcoe intersection is perhaps the least pedestrian friendly intersection in the downtown after Lake Shore and Spadina.

Anyway cars are pure evil. Eventually we'll all be riding bikes. Can't wait for Gardiner to be converted to a bike path. Anyone who disagrees is living on the wrong side of history.

That could be an argument for building MORE garages in the area (or rebuilding this as condos/office on top of lots of parking.)

Last time I checked, just about every condo/office that gets built has a massive parking garage underneath it. If you were to put in a 2-tower complex replacing this garage I'd think you'd keep a similar amount of parking underneath it.

Last time I checked, just about every condo/office that gets built has a massive parking garage underneath it. If you were to put in a 2-tower complex replacing this garage I'd think you'd keep a similar amount of parking underneath it.
Better check the distance between the existing ones and any new tower(s) for that site and that will determine what could get built. Anything more on the garage needs to go into its own thread and I forgot the thread name, otherwise I would post this there.

14 floors of parking underground is out of this world.

Actually many new condos are being built with quite limited parking for residents and certainly most often not for non- residents. Office buildings are different.

Actually many new condos are being built with quite limited parking for residents and certainly most often not for non- residents. Office buildings are different.

How about condo suites with zero parking for residents. There are auto-sharing, visitor parking, and contractor parking however.

See link.

Anyway cars are pure evil. Eventually we'll all be riding bikes. Can't wait for Gardiner to be converted to a bike path. Anyone who disagrees is living on the wrong side of history.
yeah sure we're the ones that are dreaming, I think we have more chance of having a high speed trin to Vnacover from Toronto then that hapening.

Need to start getting sidewalks built before the snow and froze show up so other work can be done.

Tick tock.

upload_2017-12-4_9-46-30.png

Better check the distance between the existing ones and any new tower(s) for that site and that will determine what could get built. Anything more on the garage needs to go into its own thread and I forgot the thread name, otherwise I would post this there.

Thread here. It includes a rough potential development envelope.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-4_9-46-30.png
    upload_2017-12-4_9-46-30.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 316
How about condo suites with zero parking for residents. There are auto-sharing, visitor parking, and contractor parking however.

See link.

In our entire large condo boom 1 building fits that criteria....and it was in a particularly unique situation.

There may come a day where that is the norm.......but it is (IMO) a long way off.....even people who currently don't drive have concerns that if they are trying down the road to sell their condo to move to another place that the marketability of their unit will be hurt on a comparative basis if a parking unit is not included.

Back