Toronto Lower Garrison Creek Park | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

Bike lanes on the sidewalks won’t work. Pedestrians will walk in them, and bikes will be on the pedestrian side.

If they were separate. It’s currently annoying and dangerous to walk that bridge with people trying to bike as well.

Once you widen the sidewalk decks, conflicts can be mitigated by space and an occasional "excuse me" or ring of a bell. Pedestrians and cyclists share space on the West Toronto Railpath without issue.

Why is the city so worried about changing the outcome of this derelict bridge?,
with all the development around and Billy Bishop Airport just south of here, a Spadina type bridge is what they need, no?

Once you widen the sidewalk decks, conflicts can be mitigated by space and an occasional "excuse me" or ring of a bell. Pedestrians and cyclists share space on the West Toronto Railpath without issue.
That’s a multi use path. This is a busy sidewalk. I lived there and used that bridge for 10 years, and the population has been growing. Sharing a narrow sidewalk hasn’t worked so far, so unless they widen it and have some definitive separation, it won’t work

That’s a multi use path. This is a busy sidewalk. I lived there and used that bridge for 10 years, and the population has been growing. Sharing a narrow sidewalk hasn’t worked so far, so unless they widen it and have some definitive separation, it won’t work

That's what I've been saying. The sidewalks should be widened significantly for dedicated bike lanes at the same time as the rest of the work on the bridge.

Work is underway with the Bathurst Street bridge rehabilitation.

IMG_20180314_140450.jpg
IMG_20180314_140430.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180314_140450.jpg
    IMG_20180314_140450.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_20180314_140430.jpg
    IMG_20180314_140430.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 532

Back