Toronto Lower Garrison Creek Park | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

There's some construction activity at the end of the Northern linear park, east of the Bathurst st bridge. Does anyone know if it's related to this project?

Had a closer look today; there was a small excavator moving around some earth , but it appears all to be related to the linear park rather than this one, unfortunately.

7E51F6BB-16BC-4165-B0DB-94E6434A1693.jpeg
77318A3F-8466-4B30-A3C7-CBC1794E863F.jpeg
A0AB217E-BFA3-49FC-AEF7-4B1229079B5E.jpeg

Damn. I’m looking forward to this one starting, with the garrison bridge open now. It will provide a high quality bike connection from the west end / LV to downtown, right into the soon to be extended Peter Street bike lanes.

Does anyone know the time horizon for completing the link underneath Bathurst and making this functional? I'm pumped for another bike route connection as well as a pedestrian connection from Fort York and Liberty Village all the way to the Dome. Toronto definitely deserves some appreciation for these initiatives.

Does anyone know the time horizon for completing the link underneath Bathurst and making this functional? I'm pumped for another bike route connection as well as a pedestrian connection from Fort York and Liberty Village all the way to the Dome. Toronto definitely deserves some appreciation for these initiatives.

It is apparently caught up in Rail Deck Park planning, unfortunately.

On the bright side they could call it Rail Deck Park phase 1 and get lots of media announcements and ribbon cutting by proceeding with it
Wow - that actually is a strategy that would likely work. If the politicians had thought of that, I'm sure it would have happened already.

I think there will certainly be no action on this park until the Bathurst Bridge work above it (starting very soon) is finished. Whether it will have to wait for the creation of Rail Deck park seems unlikely to me but ....

From today's announcement on the adjacent 150 Queen's Wharf Rd:
The abutting City-owned land is dedicated for future parkland and is currently
leased-out to Metrolinx for Construction Staging scheduled for completion by 2024

…so no link of the cycling trail between Fort York and North Linear Park? The City should plan for a temporary trail running along the edge of the Metrolinx leased site to link the trails on either side in the meantime, but as much as I don't like to be needlessly cynical, that'll never happen, and that sucks. Nevertheless I'll contact Joe Cressy's office about it.

I'll update if I get any response.

Last edited:

Back