Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Just a few comments after talking to someone about the images. Firstly is the image of the slope between the water and the path is going to be a lawn and just needs sodding. It is here that our grumpy little burgh will finally have a place to repose (ruhe https://www.google.com/search?q=repose+german+translation&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari) as it is meant to be done! When that happens it will be an event as it will transform that entire area! Secondly is the image of the space between Commissioners and the slope on the south side is meant to be a wide promenade and allée (Wandelgang https://en.bab.la/dictionary/german-english/wandelgang or similar to what is seen along the waters edge by Sugar Beach.

IMG_6368.jpeg

IMG_6366.jpeg
IMG_6364.jpeg

Last edited:
I still assume it's you even after the clarification.

That is not @Allandale25

That's this guy:

Looks nothing like allandale25.

LOL

Awesome photos as always!

But one tiny correction.............that's not a heron.

Its an Egret.

1723427829338.png

Enlargement of your pic above.

The giveaway is the black legs. If this were a white-phase Blue Heron, the legs would be orange.

Was taking a picture of the piling machines when I noticed that Maple House was throwing what looked like a realty event (plenty of Rentals Avaialble! Flags). As someone pointed out in forums, it’s currently just at 70% occupancy. Why do I write this here? Cuz they worked to build about 1,500 purpose built affordable rentals in Canary- and uptake seems to be slow. Which is surprising due to the mass housing crisis we’re in.

So again, maybe we question just how dense Villiers should be before we do something stupid.
IMG_4733.jpeg

Don’t worry, we’ll still have plenty of opportunity to blot out the Gardiner, the lake and the sun with mega towers across East Bayfront.

Last edited:
Was taking a picture of the piling machines when I noticed that Maple House was throwing what looked like a realty event (plenty of Rentals Avaialble! Flags). As someone pointed out in forums, it’s currently just at 70% occupancy. Why do I write this here? Cuz they worked to build about 1,500 purpose built affordable rentals in Canary- and uptake seems to be slow. Which is surprising due to the mass housing crisis we’re in.

At a quick glance, a one-bedroom on a low floor at Maple House rents for $2,600 - $2,800/month. I would assume the event you saw was for those market-rate units, since there's still a massive waiting list for actually affordable housing. It's not surprising at all that uptake is slow on housing many people can't afford. Building more and denser housing during a housing affordability crisis hardly strikes me as a generational mistake.

Back