Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

July 07, 2024. Lower Don Lands Bridge.

Blue Hour Bridge Facing North.JPG

Blue Hour Bridge Facing South.JPG

Sunset Bridge Facing North.JPG

The organization doing the art trail is getting organized.

I am not surprised to see that long line of vehicles on Cherry Based on my own limited anecdotal experience when driving along the new Cherry Street. I found the green cycle to very short for Cherry St traffic vs. Commissioners St. Coupled with advanced pedestrian signal, no more than 10 vehicles would make it through the intersection per cycle. Very little traffic was coming from Commissioners so when it was green for westbound traffic, there was a lot of time at the end of the cycle with no vehicles turning.

I am not surprised to see that long line of vehicles on Cherry Based on my own limited anecdotal experience when driving along the new Cherry Street. I found the green cycle to very short for Cherry St traffic vs. Commissioners St. Coupled with advanced pedestrian signal, no more than 10 vehicles would make it through the intersection per cycle. Very little traffic was coming from Commissioners so when it was green for westbound traffic, there was a lot of time at the end of the cycle with no vehicles turning.

Huh that's so funny. I found exactly the opposite when I was westbound on Commissioners. I would sit at the red light forever while Cherry was green. There's a no right on red which is so frustrating because often all the traffic would be southbound and you just wait there for ages waiting to turn north on Cherry. I've always found the light massively favours Cherry not Commissioners.

Huh that's so funny. I found exactly the opposite when I was westbound on Commissioners. I would sit at the red light forever while Cherry was green. There's a no right on red which is so frustrating because often all the traffic would be southbound and you just wait there for ages waiting to turn north on Cherry. I've always found the light massively favours Cherry not Commissioners.
Perhaps. Again, it was one time so perhaps it was changed. I do remember waiting to right from commissioners to Cherry thinking the no right on red was infuriating.

Why wouldn’t they just say it’s lowered from August 12-30 instead of saying Aug 12-16, 16-30?
Probably an unskilled editor trying to make a quick change to the web page. The final entry used to end on August 16 with a single lane of traffic open. After that, the bridge was supposed to be fully open in both directions at once. My guess is whoever updated that page added the new rows for the additional dates, and then maybe at a later time changed the Aug 16 entry from "partially open" to "open", without bothering to combine the two rows.

Source: have worked with people tasked to update web pages, but have no idea how the editing software works

Back