Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

The tug spent the night dead in the water near the current location and don't know what the reason would be as there was next to no traffic in front of it or the locks. The last I saw it was a 2 am as I call it a night.

Maybe they are planning to have the bridge on view in the daylight on Tuesdays
Luckily it seems to be moving again. Near Cornwall now.

I can imagin the scenery from boat side of things must be spectacular on their travels.

The tug is about to use the Iroquois lock and maybe having problems as another tug has been following it since this morning

The tug should hit Lake Ontario at Wolfe Island tonight. Can anyone say how long it will take to get to the Eastern Gap that doing 8.6 km??

Last edited:
I don't know what it specifically means for what happens to this building, but it's identified in the master plan as part of a heritage cluster that "will be conserved in their entirety".

(starts at page 88: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2017/pg/bgrd/backgroundfile-107842.pdf)
Thank you for sharing this info !

This building, used to be apart of a whole development of 309 Cherry Street, here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2017/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-102171.pdf. There is also an existing thread for this here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-309-cherry-street-166m-52s-castlepoint-numa-svn.18586/. But this was before the Villiers Island Precinct Plan was made, so these plans are most likely void. This building, and one other on the blocks are designated heritage, and will be saved regardless of what is built here. This image right here, gives a great example on how this block can look like, when the Port Lands Rehabilitation Program is over and developers get the ok to be able to propose buildings in the new grid and development known as Villiers Island. Do not expect to see anything built this decade though. (Old Cherry Street and Villiers where the two gold blocks are is where this building is). View attachment 318426
Thanks for sharing this info !

The tug spent the night dead in the water near the current location and don't know what the reason would be as there was next to no traffic in front of it or the locks. The last I saw it was a 2 am as I call it a night.

Maybe they are planning to have the bridge on view in the daylight on Tuesdays
I will guess ETA on the 12th before sunrise lol ...

The tug Molly M I that has been following Lois M pulling the bridge is now in front of it with a schedule arrival time in Toronto around 8 am Tuesday with Lois M arriving around 8 am Wed with both at the same speed of 9.1 km.

Odd, same speed, but 2 different arrival dates while changing positions.

Both are in Lake Ontario west of Amherst Island/Napanee

A few more hours and the bridge will be here as it near Pickering now along 2 other tugs that are part of the move and unloading.

From cityplace
3EA92014-76F2-4680-B0C6-8F1364016CC3.jpeg

Back