Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Perhaps it sank?
Nope as it still pining and there was a lot of traffic heading the same way as well coming out of the St Lawrence. Most likely I am doing something wrong or the tug is waiting for a spot in line since it slow moving than the other ships.

I thought there was a push to get the New Cherry St open next year with the other Keating Channel bridge arriving this year, not 2022. The delay may have to do with the QQE LRT extension as an option having it coming into the Portland sooner than later as well the QQE road that has to be built.

Strange it now showing the correct position with next to no traffic behind it.

Last edited:
Luckily, it appears not. The indicator for the boat has now moved to show it just where there Gulf of St. Lawrence becomes the river proper. The sea voyage is done! River and Lake travel now!

Wowow:

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.36.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.36.33 PM.png

Based on were the Tug is near Les Escoumins, it may arrive in Toronto late Sunday or Monday
<https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:466637/zoom:10>

This new part of town is going to be amazing. The views alone of the city will be breathtaking. I can't wait to see the plans for Promontory Park North (fingers crossed that conceptual bridge to Quayside is included).
From all my meetings on the park and stand to be corrected since been to long since we last met, there will be no bridge to Quayside. If I remember correctly there is a pedestrian bridge west of the New Cherry St to the north toward the west end.

Last edited:
We were discussing this on the Quayside thread. The recent sketches of Parliament Slip show a bridge from the end of that slip across to the Promontory Park.
It's been too long since we last had a final meeting on finalizing the plan that there was to be a bridge that far west and it doesn't stick out of one been there. Have said that, there been a few changes to the plan that most like rose during the detail design or was requested that the group is unaware of and not the first time this has happen.

The bridge will be here Tuesday or Wed as the tug is currently tie up in Montreal at this time. It was nearing Montreal around 2 am when I call it a night and was slow moving at 5 km in lot of traffic. <https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:466637/zoom:13>

From the time lapse construction video it looks the tug and bridge will come down the shipping channel, unload the bridge and transport along a road due north to the Commissioner road location.

I might able to see the unloading spot from this view.
E657A795-3D75-4F80-AD0D-C4B6CB821B75.jpeg

I’m not sure if this concrete base is the eastern portion or if the western half will be visible from this angle. Do they have the all parts this time?
D33A9BA8-785F-4283-9E10-BE7538289928.jpeg

I hope they don’t ship this bridge into the harbour at night again. Considering the money they must be spending on construction marketing/updates you would think they would bring the bridge in for a grand entrance during the day.
F5987AA6-4D60-4DC0-8860-83457D3776F3.jpeg

Last edited:
This has been discussed a few pages back and seems to be what is planned.
Yes it has and would be neat to see it move from the barge and then with the mover as well having it place.

Part of my plan for Sunday was around the bridge arriving today to get shots of it coming into Toronto which may happen Tuesday now. The bridge is west of Montreal in the shipping channel nearing Cote-Ste-Catherine at 2.1 km with a tanker on its rear doing 4.3 and a cargo ship coming at it at 5.3

Anybody know what will become of this building at the SE corner of Cherry and Villiers ?

View attachment 318424
This building, used to be apart of a whole development of 309 Cherry Street, here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2017/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-102171.pdf. There is also an existing thread for this here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-309-cherry-street-166m-52s-castlepoint-numa-svn.18586/. But this was before the Villiers Island Precinct Plan was made, so these plans are most likely void. This building, and one other on the blocks are designated heritage, and will be saved regardless of what is built here. This image right here, gives a great example on how this block can look like, when the Port Lands Rehabilitation Program is over and developers get the ok to be able to propose buildings in the new grid and development known as Villiers Island. Do not expect to see anything built this decade though. (Old Cherry Street and Villiers where the two gold blocks are is where this building is).
Screenshot (359).png

The tug spent the night dead in the water near the current location and don't know what the reason would be as there was next to no traffic in front of it or the locks. The last I saw it was a 2 am as I call it a night.

Maybe they are planning to have the bridge on view in the daylight on Tuesdays

Back