Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

It seemed like they were going gangbusters for a while there, but yeah, this latest photo doesn't look much different from a month ago. I guess there's just less visible work being done right now.

What I find interesting is how the fill is progressing – I assumed they'd start at the extant shoreline and work their way out, but it looks like they've filled the new quay shoreline first and are working back inwards from that perimeter.

Yeah, I was surprised at that technique. I imagine they kind of dam off the area, where they can then drain the inside, and shore it up without threat of erosion from the lake?

DJI_0414.JPG
P1080197.JPG
P1080192.JPG
P1080190.JPG

that's the first real shot showing the next chunk of work on the other side of Cherry, I believe. Good to see that portion moving, looks like they have already more or less stripped the land down.

Site Plan Approval for 351-369 Lake Shore Blvd East was submitted September 12. Dream & GreatGulf working on this with the Silos. Very much looking forward to seeing these lands develop within the next 7 Years. My gut feeling tells me they will demolish a part of the Gardiner in the near future.

Site Plan Approval for 351-369 Lake Shore Blvd East was submitted September 12. Dream & GreatGulf working on this with the Silos. Very much looking forward to seeing these lands develop within the next 7 Years. My gut feeling tells me they will demolish a part of the Gardiner in the near future.

For additional info - Project Thread: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/351-369-lake-shore-blvd-e-dream-great-gulf-s.26365/
Link to AIC SPA: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4447926&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

It's for a municipal shelter structure

AoD

Broadview and Eastern Flood Protection
Class Environmental Assessment Project
Notice of Public Information Centre #1
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, the City of Toronto, and Waterfront Toronto

A PUBLIC INFORMATION CENTRE WILL BE HELD ON DECEMBER 5TH 2018.
MEETING LOCATION:
Ralph Thornton Community Centre
Riverdale Auditorium
765 Queen Street East Toronto ON M4M 1H3
MEETING TIME:
Open House:
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Presentation:
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM

Broadview and Eastern Flood Protection
Class Environmental Assessment Project
Notice of Public Information Centre #1
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, the City of Toronto, and Waterfront Toronto

A PUBLIC INFORMATION CENTRE WILL BE HELD ON DECEMBER 5TH 2018.
MEETING LOCATION:
Ralph Thornton Community Centre
Riverdale Auditorium
765 Queen Street East Toronto ON M4M 1H3
MEETING TIME:
Open House:
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Presentation:
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM

So is this the first public consultation for the more northerly part of the overall project? Seems like there's already been a litany of Portlands consults writ large...

looks like it.

The previous consultation focused on the don river naturalization and associated infrastructure, this looks to be fore the infrastructure that will primarily go on the East Harbour site for flood protection of that area.

Those bridges are absolutely stunning and elegant. If they get built as presented I don't even care what the rest of the buildings look like! :Do_O

Back