Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Looking at that picture, I do wonder if future planning will relax on the heights and densities here. If it is supported by WWLRT and/or Cherry Streetcar, and with East Harbour nearby, this area can probably justify highrises like the East Bayfront.
This area is below an approach to the island airport, so heights are restricted to a degree.

It's dense development in any case. Why does everything have to hyper dense and very tall?

What's one of the leading siphons of higher densities in North America? Answer: Roads. Let's get rid of the roads. All sidewalks and recreational paths. As for transit, the streetcar could be elevated creating a linear park / precipitation-protected path underneath. All resident parking would be off-site.

Yes yes, Fire, EMS, police need access. But it is fun to dream though :)

To see what's where - reference this phasing map from WT CLC in September:

Most of the excavation we have seen in the pics posted so far is in the area "00".

AoD

From today.

Work has started on the refresh of Villiers St between Don Roadway and Cherry St.

fullsizeoutput_15ac.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15aa.jpeg

Shoring work has moved into areas 3 and 4 from the handy map above, now that the site has been cleared of the former United Rental building.

fullsizeoutput_15ab.jpeg

This the the ramp being formed, mentioned by DSC above, between Lake Shore and the Keating channel to get up to the level of the north Cherry St. Bridge.

fullsizeoutput_15ad.jpeg

Just cycled past today and they are putting up (from "components") a large green circular metal 'tank - on east side of Cherry just about opposite T&T. I estimate it's 60+ feet in diameter and 12 feet tall. I assume for them to dump water into while they work?????

Just cycled past today and they are putting up (from "components") a large green circular metal 'tank - on east side of Cherry just about opposite T&T. I estimate it's 60+ feet in diameter and 12 feet tall. I assume for them to dump water into while they work?????

It would make sense - I imagine the groundwater in the area must be contaminated and they can't just dump it down the sewers.

That, or maybe it is for soil washing?

AoD

Not sure where this should go, but with the construction of the New Cherry Street to and the Portland area, as well the New bridge over the Keating Channel underway, starting this thread. It can be move.

Had a look at the Keating Channel area on Sunday and work taking place on the north break wall where new Cherry St bridge is to go. Couldn't see if any shoring taking place for the north pier, but part of the new road is in place about 3+ feet high in the parking lot area going up to the Lake Shore. From the placement of the new road it will kink up to the current road south of the RR overpass and not that far from the south support pier of the Gardiner eastbound lanes.

Didn't see any work on the south side and most likely after the north is done.
49092659876_8c8b4e7ecb_b.jpg

49092858007_479211d7a6_b.jpg

49092148038_f52d2f6522_b.jpg

49092669991_e4bd17c313_b.jpg

49092157858_e34f890d18_b.jpg

Back