Toronto Lofts 399 | ?m | 10s | Cresford | Northgrave

Well, for one thing, materials and labour are likely to be a lot cheaper in the coming period compared to historical (and, most likely, future) levels. A developer can save quite a bit right there, and be ready to sell a completed building right when the economy begins to recover.

One reason for building before selling is to show buyers that despite the slowing economy and RE market, this project will be built so buy with confidence!

Another reason: hey, we screwed up big time with MODE. We aren't going to do that to you again, promise ;)

Then reality came knocking on the door.

And the fire department.

Who would buy from Cresford anyway? Their product is crap. Their customer service is non-existent. This is not a good time to be spending money on something that's not a sure thing. Cresford has been able to get by selling crap to people who can flip their units for more money. If condo values are down, the buyers are going to be stuck with what Cresford provides (or doesn't provide.)

^Hey: guess what? I don't care! I just wanna see another parking lot filled in with a decent looking aA building.

If you hate buying crappy condos/housing (which 90% of all 1970's and later housing is) than either buy an older home or move into one of those roomy 1940's/50's/60's apartment buildings.:)

Who would buy from Cresford anyway? Their product is crap. Their customer service is non-existent. This is not a good time to be spending money on something that's not a sure thing. Cresford has been able to get by selling crap to people who can flip their units for more money. If condo values are down, the buyers are going to be stuck with what Cresford provides (or doesn't provide.)

There are still a few threads for Cresford developments that you haven't posted in yet. Hurry, there are people to warn!

^Hey: guess what? I don't care! I just wanna see another parking lot filled in with a decent looking aA building.

Excellent! Captured my sentiments exactly!

Also, what does the original post have to do with 399 specifically, other than that it's a Cresford project?

There are still a few threads for Cresford developments that you haven't posted in yet. Hurry, there are people to warn!

Yeah, I feel the same about this guy. At very first I thought perhaps he was just trying to give a friendly warning, but now it's becoming obnoxious. I'm starting to wonder if bubbleandsqueak has even lived in a Cresford building, but rather is working for a competing developer. Either way, one small personal experience doesn't warrant the amount of anti-Cresford post-whoring that's being perpetrated.

yes I agree bubbleandsqueak is over-doing it 'a tad bit' ... but I don't feel bad for Cresford really, they kinda brought it on themselves with their track record ... I am hearing similar comments from purchasers in Windermere, and the delays on BSN are truly outstanding + unacceptable

March 20

Lake Mode
3389869247_cb55ed24aa_b.jpg

yes I agree bubbleandsqueak is over-doing it 'a tad bit' ... but I don't feel bad for Cresford really, they kinda brought it on themselves with their track record ... I am hearing similar comments from purchasers in Windermere, and the delays on BSN are truly outstanding + unacceptable

The complaints people have about Cresford are true. I was a purchaser at BSN, but fortunately was able to get out with my deposit a few years ago after waiting for over two years with only minimal excavation taking place on site. It was truly a horrible experience, on so many levels, that harms consumer faith in the entire industry.

Hadn't heard anything about this site in a while, just noticed this sales sign at the corner of King/Brant on my way home from work today.

Mode7.jpg

would you look at that !!

thanks for the update cabeman ~ so I guess Lofts 399 isn't dead afterall

Went into sales office a few days ago and sales person claimed units are 50% sold already. What BS! The office hasn't been up that long (less than a month I think) and last condo board meeting I sat in on Cresford was violating the fire truck route so they put a halt to the project and the site was left untouched all winter. Today I see them putting up a new fence with signage to point people to the sales office. The sales guy also said completion was scheduled for later 2010. Good luck seeing it's a pile of dirt right now! Even Victory which is on the other side of the zen garden is making more progress (thought they started about 6 months behind).

Back