Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Norfolk flint is pretty - and used in contemporary buildings all the time. Also used in walls around large estates, and as cobblestone paths. And carstone - used a lot in this part of Norfolk, including Sandringham - has an attractive look.

All those hideous gifts on display in Sandringham!

After Holkham, my favourite is the earlier, Jacobean, Blickling Hall.

I miss V of E's once every 3 or 4 month updates of this and various other projects...

Perhaps he is lingering somewhere and can post an update?

Thank you Mike.

Although every 1 to 2 months was generally the case.

Good to hear from you V of E. I was hoping to hear from you early in September with some new tidbits. Do you have anything new to share with us? Thank you in advance.

Here is a good rendering if the Vancouver Shangri-la, which I believe is pretty much the same design as Toronto is getting. For what it is worth, I really like it.
georgia_thurlo.jpg

alberni_robson.jpg

Strange. They don't even look like the same building. The second one looks like a flattened version of the first. I had to check the image urls to confirm that they're supposed to be the same. Weird.

If I'm seeing correctly, the trick is that it's triangular. The first rendering shows the perpendicular corner, which leads one to the entirely unreasonable assumption that it's a rectangle, with are two other sides we can't see. Looks like there' only one...

without a base or podium, I don't think it's going to fly here in the T.

It's very much in the 'Toronto Style' :p

...he says running away quickly.

Back