Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Street level by late fall at the earliest. Then once past the podium, it should fly up pretty quickly assuming the money's all there. Occupation by fall 2011.
(fingers crossed)

the base for the crane #1 almost if not ready...and the big hols are for the elevator..

Last edited:
Toronto.jpg

Attachments

• Toronto.jpg
    Toronto.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 324
^Wow that is crazy deep, going by the side stairs it looks to be 8 floors, but I guess in reality its seven.

Toronto2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
^Wow that is crazy deep, going by the side stairs it looks to be 8 floors, but I guess in reality its seven.

See yyzer's post 907. Apparently it's 8 levels deep. I don't think I'd relish the thought of parking my car 8 floors below ground.

A few updates...

I spoke with the foreman of the site yesterday as he was locking up and it seems that the crane will be going up the weekend of the 28th. They have already booked the road so everything should be in place. Excavation is 90 feet in the middle where the crane pit is. He also informed me that this will be the second deepest foundation in the city after Scotia.

I thought I saw some big hoses on top of the machine, so I figured they must be getting ready to pour the concrete anchor for the crane. But it was a sunny morning and I may have been ~seeing things~.

A few updates...

I spoke with the foreman of the site yesterday as he was locking up and it seems that the crane will be going up the weekend of the 28th. They have already booked the road so everything should be in place. Excavation is 90 feet in the middle where the crane pit is. He also informed me that this will be the second deepest foundation in the city after Scotia.

Great detective work, thx ProjectEnd....

Shangri-la Crane Celebration

A few updates...

Unadvertised little celebration of reaching this milestone will be held at the sales centre (200 University, 3rd floor) on March 29th, 12-4pm.

Interested parties may come by the sales centre and snap a pic of the site from the South window on either dates (28/29) - as reported to me by sales centre staff.

Back