Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

that glass box thing shoulda been an apple store :p!... speaking of which, i want another apple store downtown... One bloor please.

from today
DSCF0504.jpg

DSCF0516.jpg

DSCF0521.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

There's something you don't see everyday. A construction chopper was lifting about a dozen pieces of heavy equipment on to the roof of a neighbouring building. I guess this was more cost effective and faster than setting up a crane.

shangchopper.jpg

shangchopper2.jpg

There's something you don't see everyday. A construction chopper was lifting about a dozen pieces of heavy equipment on to the roof of a neighbouring building. I guess this was more cost effective and faster than setting up a crane.

So that's what was going on! I kept seeing this guy buzzing around outside my condo, but I couldn't figure out what he was doing. Great pictures!

Curious: What was your shutter speed on these pictures? Just wondering how fast you need to snap in order to freeze helicopter rotors. Looks like the second one was a bit faster. Must be at least 1/500, no?

is it me? or does shangri-la look kinda fat in haljackeys pics.

and talk about awesome helicopter pics!.... it's G20 all over again!

If your comparing it to Trump or the 4 Season's then sure, but if your comparing it to BAC, FCP, Scotia, CC, B&WC, Manu, RBC, TDC, etc, etc. definitely not. Aura & 1 Bloor will both have much larger floor plates too. Besides I wouldn't want every new residential tower to be pencil thin.

That's one traditional vista that's been dramatically changed.
I don't mind it so much because the building that changed it is has been a positive addition to the skyline, unlike the old city hall-Bay st. looking north vista.

Back