Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

......added with RBC, Ritz and Festival Tower and you have a great cluster of towers.

That's a great rendering--I hope it does manage to hide that ugly building on the south side of Adelaide and University

That's just a great TO shot to begin with - the addition of Shangri-La makes it that much greater.

Thanks for posting!
BTW - if Rennie's marketing in TO is anything like the Vancouver campaigns, you should sign up for the previews. There'll be an open bar VIP martini party.

Bigger version posted by AddisonWesley over at SSC:

2004373583136401830_rs.jpg

It's a nice looking illustration. It's good to think that Shangri-La will block the view of that poor "postmoderned" thing on University.

Amazing unobstructed views for northern units, being that the building is located where university bends.

I wonder how it will look at street level from Queen's Park.

AoD

That's a beautiful rendering and the fall leaves make it look that much more majestic.

I can't wait for this tower to rise. I think this may very well be my favourite project.

Well, that is certainly....tall.

Unfortunately, that angle does not really highlight the more interesting features in the design (or maybe the architect should have used some interesting features at that angle).

I like how the design hasn't had the "cheapened" look done to it like some other projects have after the initial rendering was released.

Indeed. In fact, the Queen's Park rendering highlights its flaws - specifically, that its location serves as an opposite-end anchor to Toronto's low on majesty, high on healthcare grand processional - but from that distance, its design is functionally that of Just Another Tower.

Not every building in town needs a stunt or a gesture. But some - especially at junctures like Yonge and Bloor, and the foot of University, do need to be placemarkers.

Back