Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

The angled facades will probably look more like West Pender Place in Vancouver (hopefully without the spandrel panels) rather than Shangri-La:

Not much progress, finishing things up?

4950075192_3c786bd254_b.jpg

Taken by me, on my cellphone.

1285244248.jpg

cafe au lait with caltrane.

Walked by the Shangri la this morning and decided to do a quick update. Also decided to accompany my morning cafe/coffee updates with pictures from my cellphone. Ill bust out my real camera tomorrow. Shangri La is beauty and the beast all rolled into one. Its coming along, and I really enjoy updating this one. Did a quick walkby update on Four Seasons yesterday. That one is getting so tall and is visible from many angles in Yorkville now.

Yes Redroom I'm in love. Shangri la is gonna rock. Might just be the best of the crop right now. In a tight tussel with Aura and ICE.. But this one is the furthest along so it's easy to side with the front runner.

Four Seasons is a good late night hookup.

Streetwall Action!!

by me

sany0091.jpg

No, I know, you can't believe this thing has 62 more floors to go!!

Hmmm, especially as it only has 60 more floors to go (but who's counting?).

I think you can already make out the crinkling effect on the east elevation. The edge of slab definitely isn't a straight line, and it appears to be shifting on successive floors.

^Good eye!!!

Now that you mention it, I can see a variation on the far right of the top three floor slabs. There is a definite "dent" in the cement.

Neat!

Forming the concrete for a project like this must be a massive bitch. Yet they're making such quick progress!

How does this compare to the Shangri-La Vancouver in terms of design, layout, and features?

Is the Vancouver property poor in construction quality?

Don't know if this has been posted yet, All you Shangri-LA lovers may want to chip in and buy the penthouse for $16,888,000 !!!!!!!!!

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=9952128&PidKey=-1169786961

"Thank You For Your Interest In Toronto's Most Opulent And Exotic Residential Offering Living Shangri-La Toronto. Shangri-La Hotels And Resorts , One Of The World's Premier Creators Of Ultra-Luxurious Hotels And Resort Properties Has Selected The Heart Of Toronto As The Location Of Its Second Signature Canadian Property. Currently Under Construction. Located At The N/W Corner Of University & Adelaide.**** EXTRAS **** 11'Ceiling Height,Private Internal Elevator,2900 Sq.Ft Of Terrace, Surrounded By Glass Walls And Trees,6700 Sq.Gt Of Interior Space.3 Car Private Garage,Panoramic City And Lake Views From The Top 2 Floors.Meile/Subzero Appliances.Sun Shades"

Back