Mississauga Limelight Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Daniels | Kirkor

Were you able to get any info Jason as to the type of retail going in and what's next for Daniels?

Re: retail, I may know more in the coming weeks. Per a converation with one of the site managers the next phase, to the south (across the street), will be two 40-50s towers similar to One Park Tower. If I rememeber correctly, there will be more retail along Living Arts Drive but I will know more shortly.

...."will be two 40-50s towers similar to One Park Tower...."? Really? I thought there will be 2 short condo buildings of about the same heights as the 2 new Limelights. Remember also that pointy castle-like roofs will create the illusion that the buildings are that much higher (of about 5 storeys or so).

Last edited:
Two 40-50s towers will be way too high. That's going to definitely block all of the upper penthouses' views from "back here" (i.e., from Chicago or One Park Tower or Limelights). Don't forget each floor has a $1G increment while the top 2 floors have a $10G increment each (i.e., to be on the subpenthouse level you'd have to pay an extra $10G and then to be on the upper penthouse level you'd have to pay yet another $10G premium). Here's a metaphor for you, it's like in the movie theatre, the tall ones should sit at the back while the short ones at the front. It doesn't make any logical sense for it to be the other way around.

Last edited:
...."will be two 40-50s towers similar to One Park Tower...."? Really? I thought there will be 2 short condo buildings of about the same heights as the 2 new Limelights. Remember also that pointy castle-like roofs will create the illusion that the buildings are that much higher (of about 5 storeys or so).

That was according to one of the site managers, we'll see.
-----
Limelight, the retail units are fairly large, the corner unit is the best
DSCF6824.jpg

DSCF6826.jpg

Townhomes do not belong on the main streets of a downtown or a city centre.

Sounds very doctrinaire - almost like urban scripture. Why do you feel this way? Must main streets be nothing but commercial or towering residential? What's wrong with some variety to break up the streetscape?

As for the retail component, a bank, don't know which one, is moving in along with a Spin Cafe. I believe this is their website. This should be a hit with the college crowd. http://spindessert.com/

There are about 10 retail units.

I saw a couple units - nice. The amenities including the podium rooftop gardens and patios are something else. There is a full size basketball court good for ball hockey as well - sweet!

People are starting to move in.

Yes, I was onsite today and saw the basketball court - amazing, this is a full size court, with a wood floor looking very shiny at this point...

There is occupancy at both towers already...

Limelight Amenities

Moved in last week. The amenities officially opened this weekend. Schedule for activities in the gym include Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Floor Hockey, Yoga, Pilates, and Zumba.

Amazing facilities!! :D

Yes, I was onsite today and saw the basketball court - amazing, this is a full size court, with a wood floor looking very shiny at this point...

There is occupancy at both towers already...

When are they going to turn on the "lime lights" on the rooftops?

....Don't forget the rooftop lime lights are the main attractions of these 2 new condos!

Last edited:
My wife and I moved in July 31st in the south tower, and i love this place.....i can't believe there are so many different sporting activities each day of the week starting oct 1st (all free too) .....i really wish i was a b-ball player, cuz that ball court looks unreal!!! at least i can get my floor hockey game on lol....i am eagerly awaiting what will open in the retails spots just below....that spin dessert place is going to be bad news....for our calorie count that is lol.....i remember when i was the only one parked in p2...now, slowly but surely, the craze of cars are starting to pile up.... wish canada post would start delivering the mail to the residents here...anyone know when 70% of all tenants will be moved in the south tower?

Limelight has a great podium facade with the irregular grid of small black panels and bold white and lime green accents. It's a playful but precisely detailed look that's rather appealing. The retail units look to have satisfyingly high ceilings, impressive glazing, and some vertical lines of spandrel for accentuation. The towers are elegantly scaled and accentuated with varied vertical lines, but it's the organic ornamentation at the penthouse level that I await. It looks quite interesting in the renderings.

Back