Mississauga Limelight Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Daniels | Kirkor

5 Bucks the people that move here still drive to/from the Movie theatre up the street ;)

Really? I see a lot of pedestrians around MCC which is one of the reasons I don't like driving there.

And I think Mississauga alone could easily handle 1 million residents. I do think Mississauga's growth targets are far too conservative.

Really? I see a lot of pedestrians around MCC which is one of the reasons I don't like driving there.

And I think Mississauga alone could easily handle 1 million residents. I do think Mississauga's growth targets are far too conservative.

Based on current numbers from the city, they expect over 1 million residents now based on current plans.

I have said to council that this city can reach 1.5 million if the right planning is done as well redeveloping the areas outside the city core. The area east of Dixie on Dundas can house 250,000 easy.

Very rare I see ppl walking other than to/from their car to either City Hall or LAC. See a few walking to/from Captial One.

PPL will get into their car and drive to either of the two theatres than walk it.

So, if ppl walk the streets of the city core, you will not drive there, then how do you get to Sq One??

Mississauga has traffic issues however Brampton is far worse.

Mississauga has very wide roads and highways and a decent transit system.

Must Daniels add townhomes to every development they build here? Jeez. They could do something cooler than just townhomes.

Based on current numbers from the city, they expect over 1 million residents now based on current plans.

I have said to council that this city can reach 1.5 million if the right planning is done as well redeveloping the areas outside the city core. The area east of Dixie on Dundas can house 250,000 easy.

Very rare I see ppl walking other than to/from their car to either City Hall or LAC. See a few walking to/from Captial One.

PPL will get into their car and drive to either of the two theatres than walk it.

So, if ppl walk the streets of the city core, you will not drive there, then how do you get to Sq One??

I said I don't like driving around Square One due to the pedestrians, so I avoid Square One. Erin Mills is closer anyway (I avoid Heartland as well because it's a pain to drive to as well, but that's due to the glut of cars). I just groan and suck it up when I have to go to Square One. Or someone else drives.

Population Growth?

Currently Mississauga has an estimated population of 738,000 and according to numbers on the city's website it is projected to reach 831,000 by the year 2031. This seems like a conversative number, so I'm curious which plans make reference to the 1 million figure.

Currently Mississauga has an estimated population of 738,000 and according to numbers on the city's website it is projected to reach 831,000 by the year 2031. This seems like a conversative number, so I'm curious which plans make reference to the 1 million figure.

Which year was the 738,000 suppose to be reach by?? How many years are they ahead of schedule??

I have heard the 1 million being used by council and staff these past few years.

If the City Core was increase more than plan for as well the redevelopment of Hurontario, Dundas, Lake Shore, the Dixie/Dundas area as well numberous other area, the city can reach the numbers as I have stated.

Which year was the 738,000 suppose to be reach by?? How many years are they ahead of schedule??

I have heard the 1 million being used by council and staff these past few years.

If the City Core was increase more than plan for as well the redevelopment of Hurontario, Dundas, Lake Shore, the Dixie/Dundas area as well numberous other area, the city can reach the numbers as I have stated.

The 738,000 figure is the projected population by mid 2011, so I misspoke in saying currently. The numbers are taken from a document posted on the city's website. I linked to that document in my previous post.
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/Economic_Indicators_July_2010.pdf

Are there any planned developments that would spur the kind of growth needed to reach anywhere near that 1 million figure?

Looking at SSP, there's currently 9 planned developments and another 9 under construction.

Last edited:
Here is a minor distraction:)
20110123045.jpg

20110123036.jpg

Wow, a suburbanite posts on UT--shocking!

Reminds me of reading a Wonderful Waterloo forum member who lives at the new Bauer Lofts complex saying he always drives to Uptown Waterloo for coffee--a mere 8-10 minute walk. Disgusting.

You just made my week urbandreamer.

Wow, a suburbanite posts on UT--shocking!

Reminds me of reading a Wonderful Waterloo forum member who lives at the new Bauer Lofts complex saying he always drives to Uptown Waterloo for coffee--a mere 8-10 minute walk. Disgusting.

I'm not apologizing for being a driver and avoiding Square One like the plague. I learned my lesson when I tried driving there for Labour Day. I turned around and went home in disgust.

I'm not apologizing for being a driver and avoiding Square One like the plague. I learned my lesson when I tried driving there for Labour Day. I turned around and went home in disgust.

If it was the weekend or holiday I would agree, I think just taking the bus or biking is better. Car is just too much headache on those busy days. But on typical weekdays, there's no problem getting there by car, because there is little traffic, a lot of empty parking space.

Off topic, but pertaining to some of the discussion in the thread.

As someone who has lived in Toronto, Newmarket, and Hamilton, and recently Moved to Mississauga for the first time (city centre area), here are my observations:

1. Mississauga is the most sparse place I have ever lived. It's very poorly served by things such as grocery stores, restaurants, etc. As someone without a car, living here is horrible. Newmarket was more walkable and convenient.

2. There is no regard for pedestrians here. I've never felt uncomfortable walking/crossing roads at any point in my life until now. For example, people don't give a shit if you have a green to cross the road. They'll try to drive into you unless you stop and let them make right-on-red turns etc.

3. There is a soulless alienating vibe about this place. It doesn't have the cozy, populated, dense, exciting feel of the city, nor the beauty, nature, friendliness, or recluse of the suburbs. Mississauga is a horrid place.

I can see why everyone here drives, and I wouldn't expect it to change soon.

Back