26771921343_e5f8aef4f1_h.jpg

27102863710_1fda521d39_h.jpg

27344895536_20afd7ae67_h.jpg

26772051623_7fc2f036a5_h.jpg

27308028751_83ac22c106_h.jpg

27103061630_f9bbd5b7cc_h.jpg

The rest
https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/albums/72157668724901022

Is that a "dead line" of CLRV's/ALRV's that have given up the ghost?

- Paul
Some are to be fix while others maybe scrap depending on inspection.

A few pictures from today.

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

A ramp up to the transit geek peep show. :)
IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2543.jpg
    IMG_2543.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 902
  • IMG_2545.jpg
    IMG_2545.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 987
  • IMG_2548.jpg
    IMG_2548.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 861
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 879
  • IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 872
  • IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 912
I got a few from yesterday too. The wall doesn't look half bad with those panels up. Should look decent when the plants are.. implanted
DSC_3506-2.jpg
DSC_3508.jpg
DSC_3516-2.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_3506-2.jpg
    DSC_3506-2.jpg
    812.1 KB · Views: 869
  • DSC_3508.jpg
    DSC_3508.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 871
  • DSC_3516-2.jpg
    DSC_3516-2.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 844
Very attractive. Biked past it twice this weekend. What this pork has to do with transit, streetcar barns, or streetcars is tough to see. We ask a lot and then complain about the cost. We deserve ourselves sometimes.

Very attractive. Biked past it twice this weekend. What this pork has to do with transit, streetcar barns, or streetcars is tough to see. We ask a lot and then complain about the cost. We deserve ourselves sometimes.

Not that I am particularly fond of pork, but considering the site was meant to be a park, this probably bought some neigbhourhood peace. Besides, how much does the landscaping cost - relative to say that of picking and remediating a highly contaminated site for this new build?

AoD

Not that I am particularly fond of pork, but considering the site was meant to be a park, this probably bought some neigbhourhood peace. Besides, how much does the landscaping cost - relative to say that of picking and remediating a highly contaminated site for this new build?

AoD

Neighbourhood peace? I didn't know we were that violent. But next time someone who lives in Rexdale or Malvern or Lawrence Heights says that the downtowners got it all, I may have to agree.

Now the distances are or are not walking depending on your health, but...

If you keep walking directly south, you get to the Leslie Street Spit and Tommy Thompson Park.
If you walk to the east you get to the rugby field (sewage treatment park :)) or Ashbridges Bay Park
If you walk to the west you get to McCleary Park at the Commissioner's Street Incincerator.
And if you walk directly north, there is Maple Leaf Forever Park off of Memory Lane.

We are not starved for parks in Leslieville. We will need a few 80 story condominium towers on the Leslie Street Spit to generate the property taxes to pay for the upkeep of all these parks. The only thing that is worse than something that looks like hell is something that was beautiful that has been allowed to go to seed. I hope that the city has a plan to keep the parks looking beautiful.

Neighbourhood peace? I didn't know we were that violent.

I think it was appeasement for when the local councilor wanted the skatepark to be ripped out and money used for more parks along queen street instead. What ended up happening was a lot of the skaters in the city turned up at city hall to protest it so council didn't even let her motion pass.

Neighbourhood peace? I didn't know we were that violent. But next time someone who lives in Rexdale or Malvern or Lawrence Heights says that the downtowners got it all, I may have to agree.

Now the distances are or are not walking depending on your health, but...

If you keep walking directly south, you get to the Leslie Street Spit and Tommy Thompson Park.
If you walk to the east you get to the rugby field (sewage treatment park :)) or Ashbridges Bay Park
If you walk to the west you get to McCleary Park at the Commissioner's Street Incincerator.
And if you walk directly north, there is Maple Leaf Forever Park off of Memory Lane.

We are not starved for parks in Leslieville. We will need a few 80 story condominium towers on the Leslie Street Spit to generate the property taxes to pay for the upkeep of all these parks. The only thing that is worse than something that looks like hell is something that was beautiful that has been allowed to go to seed. I hope that the city has a plan to keep the parks looking beautiful.

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 10.27.27 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 10.27.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 10.27.27 PM.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 895
I think it was appeasement for when the local councilor wanted the skatepark to be ripped out and money used for more parks along queen street instead. What ended up happening was a lot of the skaters in the city turned up at city hall to protest it so council didn't even let her motion pass.

Actually the bill for the barn and tracks includes streetscape improvements on Queen from Greenwood to Curzon. I love beautiful streets. No problem with trees and benches. But lumping that in with a transit project is bullshit. It's no wonder things cost what they cost.

You've got to be kidding me - considering the city is about to build a subway to STC, public art, landscaping and all at 3-4B - if they want a streetcar barn with landscaping, they are free to take it (and guess what, it will also happen with Finch West LRT)

As to the streetscape improvement - it shouldn't be lumped in (considering the St. Clair experience), but guess what, at least part of it was required the roadwork/trackwork (plus the sewer replacement). So really, just how much does a few extra bricks and plantings add to the big elephant of the bill.

AoD

Last edited:
So...

Unit 76 or so of the Flexity order is delivered or about to be. Leslie Barns was designed to provide maintenance to the entire fleet, but store about 100 units. Sometime in the next four months, some Flexities are going to call Russell or Roncesvalles home. The TTC has scrapped so many ALRVs and CLRVs that there is plenty of room at both the old carhouses. I think the plan had about 100 at Leslie and 50 at each of Roncesvalles and Russell.

So...

Unit 76 or so of the Flexity order is delivered or about to be. Leslie Barns was designed to provide maintenance to the entire fleet, but store about 100 units. Sometime in the next four months, some Flexities are going to call Russell or Roncesvalles home. The TTC has scrapped so many ALRVs and CLRVs that there is plenty of room at both the old carhouses. I think the plan had about 100 at Leslie and 50 at each of Roncesvalles and Russell.

The plan is to store about 60 or so units at each of Roncesvalles and Russell - thus the construction currently going on at Roncy - but Leslie is capable of holding almost 150 cars on its own. This is why the total order, including options, was for 264 cars. This was the absolute maximum number of cars that could be stored using the existing infrastructure without having to build another yard somewhere.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back