Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I generally like it, and I don't think that is supposed to be a patch of lawn on the corner. It would be nice to see a tree somewhere however.

Doubt that plaza will get much use.

As for the balcony glass, it seems to stick out a bit more than I would have hoped. Having it blend with the surrounding glass would have maintained the sleek look of the tower. Guess it's only a few panels so far, we'll see.

Finally had a chance to view this from a bit further east, in the Saint Lawrence neighbourhood, and all I can say is "wow!" This makes one heck of an impact in that area. Looking forward to seeing 88 Scott in the mix.

Doubt that plaza will get much use...

I'm sure this guy will get lots of use out of it. ;)

tGUz3.jpg

As for humans, it will be devoid of life unless the raised area leads to somewhere and gives reason for people to ascend the stairs from Yonge Street. If there are no entrances to the Sony Centre off the "Square" and no benches to have your lunch, then no one will go there.

Last edited:
Yes, it's way too 'clever' for my liking. Some benchas and a fountain would have been fine. I'm not sure what this 'need' to mitigate the urban surroundings is? Embrace it, I say!

Could those be test panels of glass on the balconies?

Slideshow

Part of the Topping Off Celebration a couple of weeks ago was a fantastic slideshow, which was put together by Candice Sinclair from "a Sinclair affair", who had planned the whole event for the L Tower partners. I have asked Candice, if she could share with us some of the pictures, and she checked with the photographer Cole Garside and with Castlepoint, who had commissioned him for the photo shoots. They all gave their OK and the following is a selection of pictures Candice was able to get for us. Thank you so much!

8122628657_b499c9d1d5_o.jpg

8122646082_b4834e1b5e_o.jpg

8122628781_2f7fb59bc0_o.jpg

8122628551_860b672d58_o.jpg

8122909965_022e1fa76d_o.jpg

8122645960_f3d93214ae_o.jpg

Courtesy of Cole Garside and Castlepoint.

Last edited:
Doubt that plaza will get much use.

As for the balcony glass, it seems to stick out a bit more than I would have hoped. Having it blend with the surrounding glass would have maintained the sleek look of the tower. Guess it's only a few panels so far, we'll see.

Maybe that was the intention all along. (a public park that basically functions as a private park) The public will be kept away, while Sony and Cityzen get to use it for corporate purposes. I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

Back