Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Aerobatic Ballet

... The “aerobatic ballet†performers will be working below where we’ve all seen the debris netting on the north face ...

I have been wondering for a while now about this horizontal bar attached to the 38th floor on the north face:

8064338430_9d661ebee9_z.jpg

is it possible that it has something to do with the aerobatic ballet during the "topping-off" festivities? I missed today's rehearsal. Has anyone seen it?

Wow what a great couple days for this thread. Thanks a bunch Skyjacked. I nominate you as UT member of the month (I also nominate creating a "UT member of the month" award).

I hope someone will be able to capture the acrobatic ballet. Seems like the kind of thing UT would be planning to attend.

Aeriosa Dance Society

Finally I found what I was looking for on Meghan Goodman's blog:

"Castlepoint Realty Partners is taking the traditional concept of a construction worker “topping out†party to a whole new level (no pun intended) by inviting Aeriosa to present a free public performance on the sheer glass and bare concrete skeleton of their amazing building, the L Tower, a 58 story Toronto building designed by well known architect Daniel Liebskind. This unique show will link Aeriosa’s surreal and lofty dance with cellist Liza MeClellan performing selections from Bach’s Suite for Solo Cello down at street level. The show takes place October 10th 2012 at 7 pm at the corner of Yonge Street and Front Street in downtown Toronto. Please help us spread the word about this highest ever Aeriosa dance performance to your friends, colleagues and loved ones living in the Toronto area. Check out this photo of Julia Taffe, performing a dance rope test from the 37th floor while wearing hard hat and boots as befits an active construction site."

tornoto9.jpg
tornoto8.jpg

You should also check out Aeriosa's homepage: http://www.aeriosa.com/

Last edited:
Thanks udo. That's good information. I feel like I owe you a picture. (kidding)

This shows the main or middle segment of the Automated Climbing System (ACS) that carried the concrete pump and the core forms for the highrise elevator and stair case up the tower during construction.

DSCI0355.jpg

This one shows the lower segment, where the base of the pump tower was secured.

DSCI0359.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what a great couple days for this thread. Thanks a bunch Skyjacked. I nominate you as UT member of the month (I also nominate creating a "UT member of the month" award).

I hope someone will be able to capture the acrobatic ballet. Seems like the kind of thing UT would be planning to attend.

Thanks X_C_J. It's not about the pat on the back though. It's only fair to share.

DSCI0383.jpg

We're placing an elevator motor. Demonstrates nicely how much floor area drops with the curve.

Last edited:
I think that's all I can dig up for now.

DSCI0413.jpg

I have to say how much I miss the enthusiastic Leafs fans that should be surrounding this building three times a week.

Last edited:
There are people hanging on wires and rehearsing now. Sorry that I don't have my camera with me.

Here in Orlando, we have a building off the interstate affectionately dubbed the I-4 Eyesore. Every time I see it, I can't help but think of the L Tower...
i4eyesore.jpg

Attachments

• I4_Eyesore.jpg
    I4_Eyesore.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

I second that motion, times two...

Thanks SkyJacked, for taking the time to both take and post these amazing pics.

Last edited:

Back