Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

There are still some left.

All the small units are gone though (meant more for the investors i guess).
There are still 1+1, 2, 2+1 beds, and penhouses remaining.
Smallest remaining unit is a 812 sq ft model.

Lots of talk about the boot but what about sales?! Does anyone know what the status on these condos are? There were lots of figures flying around in the fall....

Selling a unit at the LTower...

Those are some really great floor plans for the penthouses!! I currently own a 1 Bedroom + den unit, 635 SF at the LTower facing west looking at the CN tower. My original plan was to move in upon completion however I am currently looking to purchase a house in the near future. Does anyone know when I should be able to sell my unit? I know that I only really have to wait until the building is about 90% sold out (which I think it almost is). Can anyone confirm or pass along some information...

I was at the sales centre yesterday.
They are going to start construction this spring.
Also the sales centre will close down within two or so weeks.

Not so fast there... The City just signed a new and revised project schedule, it says:

Beginning of S[ony C[entre] renovations July, 2008.
SC begins renovation of existing theatre with forecast cost of $12
million Funding is achieved by utilizing $12 million from the $17 million
payment from Castlepoint.

Beginning of work on new structures July, 2008
Castlepoint begins demolition of corner of existing SC site where
podium and tower to be built. After demolition, excavation carried out to create new foundation for podium and tower
After creation of the foundation, Castlepoint begins construction of new
building sub-levels below podium

Beginning of Podium Construction Approx. July, 2009
Construction of 8-storey podium structure below proposed tower is
initiated.
Details at: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-10363.pdf

Are there any renderings of what the Sony Centre itself will look like? I think that all of the images are of the complex as a whole and none of the inside of the theatre.

I hope the theatre will still be functional. it would be short-sighted to lose a major house right now as big-budget commercial shows seem to be on the rise again in Toronto and most of the major houses are filled this year, and filled out for several years to come.

I remember reading the Sony Centre will go dark for about 20 months at some point during contruction

Back