Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Maldive posted some pictures over at SSP

The Arts + Heritage Awaress Centre has some terrific renders of L Tower (Libeskind) including a few angles I haven't seen before.

For the first time the podium makes sense to me... almost coherent!

Love this tower... my favourite in the Top 15 Proposals category.

Lrenders.jpg

nancy_sinatra22.jpg

These boots are made for walking,
And that's just what they'll do.
One of these days these boots are gonna
Walk all over
Your modernist heritage.

That's true. The Boot condo is a box. This box is a boot. It's stepping on the O'KeefingHummingSonyBird Centre. Very kinky. There seems to be something afoot with respect to this design approach.

After viewing these illuminating renderings this project should justifiably launch much more discussion than say, 1BE. I'm very mixed on this now, I don't know what to make of it.

I dont know whether this can be designed as shown or whether late stage modifications will be required to address certain windows that have such slopes residents in the building won't be able to approach them unless they get on their hands & knees.

Here's a thought: let's stop being clever and take a look at a building that may now make sense, patch our ROM wounds with more than a band-aid, and leave an iconic, successful edifice that Chris and the rest of you can't really slag with much aplomb beyond the now (very) tired Nancy Sinatra references.

Edit: sorry, just realized I posted this at UT.

My sense is that this building will be the most spectacular residence ever in T.O....

question...are those red ribbons in the arch of the boot, escalators?

Personally, I just love it. It's unlike anything in Toronto. I'm surprised there's so much hesitancy about this design. Let's just hope the design stays intact. I just don't know how they'll fit this all into the Sony Centre site.

I walked by the Sony Centre the other day and noticed they put up a cheap looking sign on the west side of the theatre. I see in the above wonderful renders that a very similar looking sign is also displayed there.

I wonder if they are planning some dazzling signage of sorts to wrap around that huge expanse of exposed concrete.

These boots are made for walking,
And that's just what they'll do.
One of these days these boots are gonna
Walk all over
Your modernist heritage.

Some velvet morning when I'm straight.
I'm gonna open up your gate.
And maybe tell you 'bout Libeskind
and how he gave me life
and how he made it in.

Flowers growing on the hill.
Dragonflies and daffodils.
Learn from us very much.
Look at us but do not touch.
Libeskind is my name.

and how he gave me life
and how he made it in.

Flowers are the things we knew.
Secrets are the things we grew.
Learn from us very much.
Libeskind is my name.

Flowers growing on the hill.

Dragonflies and daffodils.

Learn from us very much.

And how he gave me life.

and how he made it in.

this is the sh*t! I think I can honestly say this is the most anticpated T.O. building for me personally. And it is surprising there hasnt been more hype and chatter about it. I think once construction starts there will be a huge spike in posts on this thread.

And besides resembling a boot, it would make the worlds hairiest ski jump too!:D

I think this is just what the toronto skyline needs, change it up a bit, we need a diversity of buildings!

Back