Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

The crane is never coming down. The engineer made a huge error when constructing the floor support columns and now the building relies on the pulling weight of the crane to stay stable. If they remove the crane the building will fall over!

The crane now will become the tower's spire and the tower will be reclassified at a height of 270m.

I heard they might add some height to the crane to bring the tower to a total height of 299.5m. Damn, so close to that coveted supertall status!

Ba-dum-dum!

ya its getting a tad annoying from amtourist point of view so can only imagin having to look at that daily. and other slowed projects around the city just sitting idle.

Do we have to face yet another summer with that corner/foot of tower a mess?

Apparently the team currently fixin' up the front 'plaza' of the Sony will then move on to the plaza on the west side. (Designed by Claude Cormier). This project may need to wait until the ground thaws (or hell freezes over!) I just saw on the Project site ( http://ltowerconstructioninfo.com/ ) the rather ominous statement "The Sony Centre Plaza is scheduled to be completed this year" and "◾The City of Toronto is currently renovating and redesigning and rebuilding the north plaza and entrance way to the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts. This work is separate from the Plaza project." I fear that like the crane we will be left hanging!

Last edited:
I heard they might add some height to the crane to bring the tower to a total height of 299.5m. Damn, so close to that coveted supertall status!

Is this true about the crane being permanent. If so are they going to cover the crane with glass, metal or concrete blocks etc ?

lol! are you for real?

So what's the real story about this project ? I just took a glance at these messages in this thread. Bring me up to steam on what's really going on with the crane story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back