Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

From my POV today -

LTower_March28-13_zps26a00035.jpg

Urban Toronto visits the L Tower

Geepers, you don't look in here for a day and all kinds of good stuff happens. I will say that a little bird told me that the same buyer owns all of levels 57 and 58. That's hardly confirmation but it's a tidbit for the above conversation.

I don’t mind saying, it was fun taking these shots. I have to apologize for the mess but we are taking everything apart at once so messy it is.

I_42 and sMT came by for a visit today to take some pictures and get us all caught up on the L Tower. They didn’t waste any time and you can bet your last buck that sMT will have some nice pictures on this thread and others, assuming they haven’t been posted already. I think it’s a safe bet I_42 has some too.

IMG_4123.jpg

Tweet Tweet! It wasn't planned But we took pictures of each other and tweeted them.

IMG_4119.jpg

I will leave it up to Urban Toronto to identify the players but the two guys close to one another are the gentlemen from Dominus that accompanied them on their visit.

IMG_4145.jpg

They weren’t at all camera shy like someMidTowner’s I know

IMG_4147.jpg

Everybody taking pictures, I didn’t feel out of place for a change.

IMG_4148.jpg

I would have rested the camera on the fence.

IMG_4151.jpg

Thought bubble, "I should have studied some of SkyJacked’s pictures, I can’t find the damn thing"

IMG_4177.jpg

I took these from the tower of the crane, they speak for themselves.

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

The best thread for amazing photos! Question, will the roofline be angled?

Angled Roofline

... from Yonge & College:

8599460610_2c9f8ec92c_b.jpg

... from Yonge & King:

8599460846_cee76184bb_b.jpg

Last edited:
The best thread for amazing photos! Question, will the roofline be angled?

I don't think there is any rendering that can represent how amazing it will look from the crane when the steel is done and maybe some exterior finish up there but there is one that comes close that Udo posted. It was back when we were talking about the Building Maintenance Unit.

If you think about it, because the building is wider on the west than it is on the east and the north face is curved, the building has to come to a peak as compared to an edge. I realize there are edges but you know what I mean :).The angles are well represented in the concrete that you see there now. it's complicated and very cool in my opinion.

Last edited:
Courtesy of Studio Libeskind

Click on image to go back to the posting SkyJacked was mentioning.

Yonge Street

Artsy interpretation of two phone pictures taken by SkyJacked this morning shortly after 7 am ...

8599574644_54a7d48943_h.jpg

8599574068_58c2a89fb0_h.jpg

Last edited:
I wish the Altus Group building would be demolished, so Berczy Park could extend to Yonge St.

I like that idea. Just toss in a Brookfield III across the street and we'll be all set. I wish Toronto had something as lovely as Bryant Park in the core..

Stats

The best thread for amazing photos!

997,019 views so far. 3,000 more to go and we have reached a million! This is third place in UT thread ranking. Trump (1.7M) and Aura (1.3M) are still out of reach I am afraid.

Last edited:
I'll confirm that we were also told what SkyJacked has said: 57 and 58 were sold as one unit.

It was definitely a fun trip to the tip top of the L Tower, and while we didn't exactly get to meet SkyJacked, we waved at least (although I don't see those particular shots above!). You'll see pics by sMT and I next week (unless you already caught some of the tweets, and if you didn't, why didn't you?! Twitter is a fantastic time-waster!). Cheers all, and Happy Easter, Passover, or Long Weekend!

I don't think there is any rendering that can represent how amazing it will look from the crane when the steel is done and maybe some exterior finish up there but there is one that comes close that Udo posted. It was back when we were talking about the Building Maintenance Unit.

If you think about it, because the building is wider on the west than it is on the east and the north face is curved, the building has to come to a peak as compared to an edge. I realize there are edges but you know what I mean :).The angles are well represented in the concrete that you see there now. it's complicated and very cool in my opinion.

Thank you Skyjacked & Udo for the answer, I had no idea until I noticed the angled plane of concrete that became visible in the past several days. What a perfect way to top off a sensational building!

997,019 views so far. 3,000 more to go and we have reached a million! This is third place in UT thread ranking. Trump (1.7M) and Aura (1.3M) are still out of reach I am afraid.

Quality over quantity, and L Tower is way ahead of Trump and Aura combined. The L Tower thread is an endless glass that keeps getting filled up, while the Trump and Aura threads have been sucked dry.

The discussions and awesome photos from down low, up high, and afar makes this a most welcome thread to visit. My expectations for this building have been vastly exceeded so far. Shape, form, materials, patterns, appeal, impact on the skyline, everything. I am looking forward to seeing the final product!

Back